Koodo Community
Question

unlimited Data Perk

• 6 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Happy 2024 everyone!

I recently joined Koodo as part of the Telus Fiber hookup in our house.  
while I was negotiating the plans I was explicitly told there was an option to throttle or pause data on the phone plans to prevent the kids from going over.   
on the website it actually states this is an option however now that I’ve moved our phones from Rogers to Koodo I don’t have the unlimited Data perk available, just rollover.   
Obviously this is a little disappointing but I’m starting out assuming it’s something I’m missing and not a deliberately misleading assurance I was given from Koodo’s rep.  
it was a really great conversation and I’m hoping it keeps going this was lol.  
can someone help me out making sense of the current situation?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Happy 2024 everyone!

I recently joined Koodo as part of the Telus Fiber hookup in our house.  
while I was negotiating the plans I was explicitly told there was an option to throttle or pause data on the phone plans to prevent the kids from going over.   
on the website it actually states this is an option however now that I’ve moved our phones from Rogers to Koodo I don’t have the unlimited Data perk available, just rollover.   
Obviously this is a little disappointing but I’m starting out assuming it’s something I’m missing and not a deliberately misleading assurance I was given from Koodo’s rep.  
it was a really great conversation and I’m hoping it keeps going this was lol.  
can someone help me out making sense of the current situation?

thanks!

Which plan do you currently have? It should be noted that it is only available on certain plans. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Shock free data, which turns off data for the line once the monthly limit is reached should be enabled by default on all Koodo plans. This is completely separate from the unlimited data perk which is only available with some of the more expensive plans.

You can find details about shock free data at: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/pausing-and-resuming-data

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sketchysamurai You have 40gb of data on all your lines. that’s a lot! :-) To add to comments above, you could change the authorization level  for your kids’ lines online.  Simply log in go to ‘my profile’ then ‘data settings’:

You can lock the usage only to the bucket of data in their plans.