Koodo Community
Solved

No network overseas

• 15 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I haven’t added any add-ons while I was in Canada. I’m trying to activate roaming from Armenia, added international roaming add-ons and easy roam, but still can’t connect to the network.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Goran 15 February 2022, 17:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So if you go into self-serve in add-ons, “international voice roaming” and “international data roaming” and easy roam show as added? 

Yes, all 3 are added

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try restarting your phone. Do you have manual network selection turned on in your phone settings? If so, you’d have to wait for the list of netowrks to populate, and then select a network to connect to. 

I restarted several times and reset network settings. There are several network modes - Global,   LTE/CDMA, LTE/GSM/UMTS (LTE, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+) Which one should I choose? And AccessPointName is KOODO.SP 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d go with LTE/GSM/UMTS. I’ll flag a rep to see if there’s any issues on the backend. Sometimes that can happen, despite having done the proper add-ons. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @IraG 

It looks like roaming add ons are properly added.

If you search for networks manually, is there any that shows up?

Have you had the chance to test the Koodo sim with a different device? 

I’m not sure what was the reason, but when I’ve changed device, the sim connected to the network and when I put it back to the old phone it found the network as well.

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Can I now remove easy roam and leave only pay per use option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s great! 

Definitely, you should be able to remove the Easy Roam in self serve and keep the Pay per use roaming add ons, more about the applicable rates you can find here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam

Thank you!