Koodo Community

Voicemail to text

As part of the visual voicemail add on Koodo should have a voicemail to text feature that transcribes voicemail into text messages so you can READ the voicemail message , other providers offer this, can Koodo offer this soon? 

I suspect it's not in the list of priorities for Koodo. Therefore, I don't think we're going to see this anytime soon.

Of the Little 3, only Fido has this feature. 

It feels like it is a premium add-on mainly pushed by the Big 3 (Rogers, Bell, Telus) 

Strongly agreed!!! 

Voicemail to text is now a basic service, which all carriers should offer!!

Old post I know… But check out YouMail.com - I’ve been using it for over a year now.

Once you sign up with a free account, you just reprogram the three conditional forwards to the number they give you instead of the Koodo voicemail deposit number using *61, *62, *67 or *004 to set all three at once. (They give you the codes and numbers to dial to program it that start with those)

Now you will receive voicemails to your email box - no need to dial in to listen to your voicemails anymore, and no need to install their app either actually. The messages will have a sound file attachment you can play, and I think even with the free account the first 20 messages per month will also include a text transcription as well which is pretty cool, so you usually don’t even have to listen to the message

I hope this helps someone!

Updated idea statusProposedHold for future consideration

Updated idea statusHold for future considerationProposed