Koodo Community
Question

Don’t receive certain calls

I bought an iPhone 13 from Koodo a couple months ago. Had suspicions at first that I wasn’t receiving calls. 
Recently did a test with some family & friends to see if I could receive all their calls. 1 didn’t go through at all, 2 went to voicemail, and 2 worked fine. (A mixture of iPhone and android)

Tried checking all my settings & don’t have call control set up.

Any suggestions?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is hard to know the exact reasons. How many bar of signal do you have? As well, have you tried wifi calling?

I assumed you didn't turn on any “focus” mode on your phone?

It is hard to know the exact reasons. How many bar of signal do you have? As well, have you tried wifi calling?

I assumed you didn't turn on any “focus” mode on your phone?

All the time, when we tried it I had full service. I had wifi calling off so I turned it on and made no difference. 
I just checked out the focus mode, made sure everything is off. Asked a friend to call and it said “call not completed as dialed”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you still have your old phone or another phone to swap sim cards into to see if the problem follows back?

Do you still have your old phone or another phone to swap sim cards into to see if the problem follows back?

Unfortunately I got a new phone because the old phones cell chip was having issues. It’s a new SIM card, believe I got it with the phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For future refernece, there is no need to do a sim swap to the sim card that comes with new phones, as they all come with a new sim card to simplify logistics.

You could try scheduling a callback to open a tech support ticket if there’s anyything backend that can be done. It seems pretty iffy though. These things are very hard to trobuleshoot. I’ve had issues with a single phone number being unable to make calls. Maybe a third of the time. This occurred for 2-3 months. and then stopped and never again,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately I got a new phone because the old phones cell chip was having issues. It’s a new SIM card, believe I got it with the phone. 

As part of your testing, you can borrow a phone from a friend/family and insert your sim in and re-try your testing to see if there are any differences or if the same numbers that call you have the same issues

As part of your testing, you can borrow a phone from a friend/family and insert your sim in and re-try your testing to see if there are any differences or if the same numbers that call you have the same issues

I ended up finding an old phone to test. Still the same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try swapping the sim back to the old one 

Try swapping the sim back to the old one 

I did swap it, that didn’t fix the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so we have ruled out your phone and ruled out your new sim as the issue.  

The only source of the cause would be at the account level.

Check your callcontrol feature in self serve and make sure their numbers is not on the blocked list.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

I assume sending and receiving texts work perfectly fine and no issue with data?

Ok so we have ruled out your phone and ruled out your new sim as the issue.  

The only source of the cause would be at the account level.

Check your callcontrol feature in self serve and make sure their numbers is not on the blocked list.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

I assume sending and receiving texts work perfectly fine and no issue with data

Yea exactly. Everything else works fine. 

edit : didn’t see the top portion. 
i already checked my call control earlier