Koodo Community
Question

Continuous Weak Signal on East Side Owen Sound, Ontario

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Terrible Service on the East Side of Owen Sound, Ontario. Connection to internet is dropping often, disconnecting. It has been this way for months. I don't know how much I can handle this issue but I'm almost at my breaking point. I will eventually change services away from Koodo if this continues. Who can fix this issue? I spoke to a rep months ago who actually told me that my signal was terrible when speaking to her on my cell. Please Help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? And how about other people in your area? Are they having the same issues? As well, was it indoor or outdoor signal?

Using this map https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

you can also locate tower near your location, how far away from the cell tower?

Samsung Note 10+ is the phone I use. Other persons in this area have the same issues. This is an outdoor signal. Even though I deal with Telus/Koodo, there are two Bell Towers close to my house, a couple blocks away. Not sure how to use the map to show distance of my cell phone to the tower! Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bell and Telus shared towers. So if you are seeing Bell tower nearby, you might be using their signal. Is your note 10 a Canadian version phone? You can try to test the sim out into another phone to see if the signal can be improved. Sometimes there might be issue with hard ware (I assumed you already reset network settings of your note 10)

Blaming lack of tower is the easiest one to do but it is the hardest one to fix as they wouldn’t build any tower just because of one or 2 complaints, especially you are using Bell towers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it never used to be a problem, it could be a change in frequency allocation or something else. You could try scheduleding a callback to open a tech support ticket if this is a common issue in the area as you said. If they’re unable to assist or give any kind of timeline for the issue improving, if it is a network issue, then you can look to other carriers for better signal to fit your needs.