Koodo Community
Question

SMS offer not showing up on self-serve

I received an offer vis SMS from Koodo about a certain rate plan being available if I upgrade my phone, and I would like to take advantage of this offer but I can’t find the offer on my self serve. It says that to take redeem the offer, I should go to login to self-serve and visit the “Phones” page. I do this, and I can’t find any trace of the offer. I even went so far as to add a phone to my cart and move on to select a plan, and the plan offer I received through SMS is not there to select. I’m not sure what to do here. Do I have to have them call me to do this? Shouldn’t it say that? And then, if I have to call to redeem the offer, I’ll miss out on the $60 fee being waved for doing it online, but it’s not my fault the offer which is supposed to be available to me online according to the SMS received, is not available. 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which offer was it? Have you tried to click on the purple star on the top right of your self-serve screen to see if it shows up. If it doesn't, you will need a rep to look into it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kathy G 

We have checked and we see an offer loaded 2 days ago on the line ending in *51.

Can you please try again on a different browser or by clearing cache and cookies and preferably on a PC/ laptop?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you make sure you logged into your self serve and then select phones and make sure you are selecting a phone for your current line and not a new line?

Same experience here. “When you upgrade to a new phone with the Tab, you get access to an exclusive Pick Your Perk Plan with 70GB for $40/month.” is the offer

Am on an existing BYOP plan. That may be the problem. From SMS I would expect to choose a phone with “savings of up to $858 on the Samsung Galaxy S24.” and upgrade exiting plan to the the “offer”.

the “Offer” is not presented as an option. Yes, followed the Purple Star - same results from either phone or a Windows PC. Logged in with my account and my line

JimL

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same experience here. “When you upgrade to a new phone with the Tab, you get access to an exclusive Pick Your Perk Plan with 70GB for $40/month.” is the offer

Am on an existing BYOP plan. That may be the problem. From SMS I would expect to choose a phone with “savings of up to $858 on the Samsung Galaxy S24.” and upgrade exiting plan to the the “offer”.

the “Offer” is not presented as an option. Yes, followed the Purple Star - same results from either phone or a Windows PC. Logged in with my account and my line

JimL

Did you select the phone on a Tab Plus?

Once you did, how much is the upfront cost?

Dennis

Yes, selected the S24,  Tab Plus - “…. includes 858 in tab bonus … “, “Pay 20.83/month … “. That part is fine.

I decline the protection and proceeded to next page “…./cart” with this banner at top: “Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Plus)” Not unexpected as original plan was bring Own Device. So…

i did not click on “remove existing plan” (for fear I may be committing myself to something I do not want to commit to - just yet. 

I did select “Select Plan” at bottom of page and here there was NO “70GB for $40/month” available to choose from as indicated in the text offer . So I am somewhat hesitant at this point as to clicking links that may or may not result in what I am otherwise expecting.

Advice?

JimL

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dennis

Yes, selected the S24,  Tab Plus - “…. includes 858 in tab bonus … “, “Pay 20.83/month … “. That part is fine.

I decline the protection and proceeded to next page “…./cart” with this banner at top: “Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Plus)” Not unexpected as original plan was bring Own Device. So…

i did not click on “remove existing plan” (for fear I may be committing myself to something I do not want to commit to - just yet. 

I did select “Select Plan” at bottom of page and here there was NO “70GB for $40/month” available to choose from as indicated in the text offer . So I am somewhat hesitant at this point as to clicking links that may or may not result in what I am otherwise expecting.

Advice?

JimL

If you do not select a phone, are you able to find the promo plan?

Dennis

Tried that as well. Cleared cart, started over again, Clicked on the Purple Star and went to “Phone Plans”

The specific offer was NOT among the choices.. Closest was 60gb for $54. But really, I don’t want to pay more for even more of what I don not need - heaps of GBs. That why this offer - as promoted in then SMS was/is of interest. While if offers more GB, it is a the same price I am currently paying (39.43 for 20GB). I am in the market for a new phone however, hence my interest.

JimL

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @JimL 

We verified and the rate plan is available on your numbers. This option is available for TAB Basic selection.  Let us know if you see the option when you select the TAB Basic option. 

I have the same problem, I tried everything mentioned above.

My exclusive offer is “When you upgrade to a new phone with the Tab, you get access to an exclusive Pick Your Perk Plan with 65GB for $35/month.” is the offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try to select the phone on Tab basic and see the plan options?

Dennis

I had not, but when selecting Tab Basic, the offer does show up. 

Thanks for the assistance, most appreciated

thanks again.

However, that does drive the upfront costs way up, thereby making the offer look less attractive ;(