Koodo Community
Question

Offered S23 deal, but can't keep current plan

• 1 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am a LONG time Koodo customer and I received a text message that I can get a CPO Galaxy S23 for $5 a month, $0 up front.  I would absolutely do this and commit to Koodo for another 2 years if I could keep my current plan, but they expect me to change my $34/50gb plan to $60 minimum.  This is a slap in the face.  I recently ported my son out of Koodo for a better deal elsewhere and I am seriously considering doing this to my own plan.  Why offer me this click bait and then expect me to almost double my monthly plan bill?   Koodo I am truly disappointed with you.  

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

unfortunately your current plan is specifically for those who already own their own phone. It is actually the case for all existing customers that the pricing starts at $60 (unless positioned a promotional plan). This is because phone companies work quarterly and the prices have increased since the beginning of the new quarter in April (prices were much better in March). It is unfortunate however this is how the companies stay competitive, I recommend you either wait until June to make your decision to leave as the price will likely improve or switch to another provider. I agree though, companies should do a much better job with rewarding loyalty for long periods of time. It’s a shame they don’t.