Koodo Community
Question

internet installation fee

I was considering Koodo home internet.  I do not have a cable service, only a phone line to my existing modem.  Will their be a fee to switch to a cable connection?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

have you checked your address in the address look up tool? If you show up then you’re good if not Koodo will send a tech to help, there is no fee for the is though as it’s not your fault if the lines are not connected to your place properly.

Thanks!  I am in Toronto so the service is certainly available (and I checked), but my existing poor internet is DSL, which is connected through a phone line (although I don’t have a hard wired phone).  The lines are connected properly but I have never had a cable connection. Not sure if the cable just connects from the box outside where the phone line is connected, or whether this is more complicated/expensive (yes I am clueless, Ha).

It would be nice if I got the official OK from Koodo before signing up.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Ah yeah that’s a fair point. In that case I would suggest scheduling a call back with a rep and have them double check if everything is ok, but luckily you also have 30 days free to try it out so if things don’t work out you can always return the equipment 👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks!  I am in Toronto so the service is certainly available (and I checked), but my existing poor internet is DSL, which is connected through a phone line (although I don’t have a hard wired phone).  The lines are connected properly but I have never had a cable connection. Not sure if the cable just connects from the box outside where the phone line is connected, or whether this is more complicated/expensive (yes I am clueless, Ha).

It would be nice if I got the official OK from Koodo before signing up.

Koodo internet is using a coaxial port. If your address was certified by Koodo internet. They will have to send a techician to setup for you.