Koodo Community
Question

Can stream+ subscription be kept if cell phone is cancelled?

I would like to know if my cell phone is cancelled will i get to keep my stream+ subscription too?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ir1shguy 

You can definitely keep your Stream+ subscription active, however, any recurring bundle discount will be removed once the Koodo Mobility account is canceled.

OK thanks. I dont think I have any discounts but is there a way to tell?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

OK thanks. I dont think I have any discounts but is there a way to tell?

Which stream+ subscription do you have and how much are you paying for it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ir1shguy You do have a discount. That will be lost when Mobility is cancelled. You do have an excellent Mobility plan too. Any reason for your decision to cancel you cell service?

Stream+ Premium $38

I need to replace my car so looking at all my nice to have expenses and reducing them. I had the very basic $15 koodo plan for like 10 years before I bumped it up. I dont seem to have that option anymore so was looking at other providers.

My wife and stepdaughter get more use out of the stream+ then I do out of my cellphone plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ir1shguy You are paying $33.

@Ir1shguy You are paying $33.

I was. My most recent receipt is $37.94

I removed the stream+ that was directly attached to the cell plan which was $33 and moved to the one that includes disney and prime since apple tv is horrible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ir1shguy Regular price of Stream+ Premium is $38 plus taxes. You paid $33 put taxes. You could consider downgrading to Stream+ which, if you keep your cellphone service is $15/mo.

I was looking but dont see anything that says I have a discount. Also sorry I come from a country where prices include tax so yeah I will say what I pay when asked :P

Stream+ only allows 2 devices for netflix but we are 3. It makes more sense for me to lower the cost of my cellphone since I dont use it enough anyway, at least not in the last 3 years since I changed job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I need to replace my car so looking at all my nice to have expenses and reducing them. I had the very basic $15 koodo plan for like 10 years before I bumped it up. I dont seem to have that option anymore so was looking at other providers.

My wife and stepdaughter get more use out of the stream+ then I do out of my cellphone plan.

You can switch to $15 starter plan that Koodo has.  You just need to request a callback and the rep change the plan for you (assuming you dont have a tab)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

You can switch to $15 starter plan that Koodo has.  You just need to request a callback and the rep change the plan for you (assuming you dont have a tab)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Awesome thank you. I cleared my tab a few years ago. Havent panned on doing this just putting all my options together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ir1shguy Well, I’ll be in Galway in a week, enjoying V.A.T. included in all the prices we actually see. Trust me, not many of us like the model here :-(

@Ir1shguy Well, I’ll be in Galway in a week, enjoying V.A.T. included in all the prices we actually. Trust me, not many of us like the model here :-(

Nice enjoy Galway make sure to pack for the winds and the rain.