Koodo Community
Solved

Unexpected Plan Charge

• 30 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Hey! My rate plan was updated to $30 on the first day of April’s billing cycle, but I received monthly charges for $30 plus $39 (before tax). I am travelling outside of Canada so I cannot schedule a callback. I’ve attached pics below for your reference. How could I get it corrected? 

Monthly Rate Plan changed from $34 to $30 from the start of this billing cycle
Bill Overview: April 12 - May 11

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 30 April 2024, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

If you cannot be reached by phone at the moment I suggest you reach out to Koodo on facebook as you can talk to a rep through there. I find it actually works quite well. Based on what you have provided, I presume you used to have a $34 40GB plan and changed it to a $30 30GB plan but for some reason were charged for a $39 40GB when the plans switched for some reason? If that’s the case that is weird and you should reach out to them as I had suggested. If not through facebook then the easiest would be to schedule a callback when you get back to canada. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mia Wnn On April 12th you change your plan online.

An email confirmation was sent to you about it.  Normal proration applies anytime a plan is changed. You are not paying extra, but plans (both new and old) are prorated accordingly. 

@Bernard Koodo 

Hey Bernard, I noticed that but there should be a bug as I have no reason to change the rate plan and pay more for the same data (from $34 40 GB to $39 40 GB).

All I was looking for was to change it to a $30 30GB plan. 

Also the $39 40 GB plan was terminated on April 12. Would you please advise why it was still charged?

@Oliver C 

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I will see if Bernard is able to fix it or guide me to the right person. I won’t go back to Canada recently, so I really hope the prob can be resolved even if I am outside of Canada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should review your bills for a notice that your plan amount would increase from 34 ro 39. People who got the $34 have been getting notices that their plans would increase to $39. It’s typically on the last page or page 5 of your bill. I would check the bill prior to seeing the $39 amount.

@Goran 

I appreciate your answer! Now we figured out why there was a change to $39. But it was discontinued on April 12 - the first day of this billing cycle. Would you please advise if Koodo can refund me the charge? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it does appear that you’ve been double charged, as I don’t see any proration credits. I’ll flag a rep to confirm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mia Wnn 

if you are referring to the $39 charge, a credit will appear on your next bill.. The change was made the first day of the new billing cycle (after the April was issued), this is why the adjustment wasn’t applied on the April bill.

I hope this helps. :)

@Flo Koodo 

Thank you for your answer! I will wait for the next bill 😊