Koodo Community
Question

Disputing US Easy Roam charge

• 30 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I was charged $14 for Easy Roaming while flying from Toronto to Halifax on April 11. I may have been sending a text but I was under the impression I was using inflight wifi service at the time. I would like to have the Easy Roam charge removed as I was never travelling in the US.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there, 

so you can dispute the charge in a few ways, firstly is if you schedule a call back with a rep through your self serve account and they can talk through it with you or secondly if a mobile master sees this post they can flag a rep and they can look into it, that or if a rep sees the post they can look into it as well. Also, you can reach out to a rep via Koodo’s Facebook page where you can discuss the charge with a rep there. This is a community platform so a rep may not always see the post so I recommend what I suggested. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lanaglamarama 

We have checked the account and were able to remove the $14 charge from the bill since it was triggered due to accidental roaming.

When close to the border, we recommend turning data roaming off and switch your phone to manual network, then select Koodo. This way, the phone won’t be able to pick a different carrier.

More info  can be found here 

Thank you!