Koodo Community
Question

Dispute US roaming charge

• 30 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I was charged a $10.00 roaming fee for a time in which I was in Ontario. How can I have the charge removed from my bill?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll flag a rep to take a look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cedmo 

We have been able to remove the charges since it was due to accidental roaming.

We recommend checking this article to find out more about how to prevent accidental roaming 

I was charged $10.00 for roaming charges for being close to the USA border. How can I have this charge removed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I was charged $10.00 for roaming charges for being close to the USA border. How can I have this charge removed?

Hi there,

I suggest you make your own post with the issue so that a rep can help you rather than leaving the reply here (they may not get to it if its a reply to someone else’s). If possible, when you log onto the community page, make sure you do so using your self serve as well as that way if a rep see’s your post on here, they have all the information they need to credit you. If a rep doesn’t see your post though on here, then you can setup a call back through your self serve or message a rep through Koodo’s Facebook page to dispute the charge. To prevent it from happening again in the future, make sure to change your carrier selection settings from automatic to manual. This will prevent it from accidently jumping to the states when you get close to the border. I hope this helps 😊👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Canucks 1970 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the charge since it was due to accidental roaming.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out this article https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

Thanks Oliver C for the tip. New to this.,

Thanks Flo Koodo for taking off my charge.