Koodo Community
Question

Dispute Roaming Charges

• 29 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Preparing my Income tax. Downloaded my cellphone invoices and noticed something troublesome. I realized that I had incurred $28.00 of Easy Roam charges on my August 2023 bill.

I DID go camping in August 2023 At thousand Islands Campground, Ontario, across St Lawrence River from U.S. (never set foot in USA). Who do I contact to have these charges removed?

Also, planning another two visits to same campsite in 2024. How do I assure that this situation will not happen again?

It seems like there should be some geographic verification possible, or maybe a notice on my device?

Anyhow, I do not travel to USA, should not get penalized for being close.

Stellium67

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortiunately, IIRC, you have 90 days to dispute a roaming charge. Being that this was 8 months ago, you won’t be able to get them credited. But for future reference, the following article will explain how to ensure it doens’t hjappen again:

Basically when you’re set to automatic network selection, your phone will switch to roaming if the towers have a stronger signal than your home network. So do the steps in the article to ensure it doesn’t switch off and you’ll be good.