Koodo Community
Question

Connection Fee

• 30 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I called Telus to negotiate my existing phone plan and they ended up recommending I switch to a Koodo phone plan. I agreed and the agent set up my account but never informed me there would be a connection fee of $60 or that I could set it up myself for no charge. If I had known about the connection fee I would have set up the account myself. I am wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and if they were able to get reimbursed?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

unfortunately this is a standard fee that is common with telecommunication companies. On your agreement there is also a section that says you agree to the fee. You can try to dispute it by setting up a callback with a rep, but it is likely they will not reimburse this fee as it is a standard. Sorry that you had a poor experience though, you’re right you should have been told about the fee when you were signing up. 

Hello,

Thank you for your insight. Yeah, I just don’t understand how they can charge me for something without my knowledge. I just tried calling them and they said there is nothing they can do unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Thank you for your insight. Yeah, I just don’t understand how they can charge me for something without my knowledge. I just tried calling them and they said there is nothing they can do unfortunately.

I am curious.

Did they offer something other than in market plan?

Sometimes the new customer like you ( They recommend or make deal with a new customer) get special promotion such as extra data or free perks.

Do you see your plan on the Koodos site? Or is it special plan?

Either way, it would be nice if they are upfront about connection fee.

Hello,

It was just a regular plan available on their website.