Koodo Community

Community

Windows Phone 7.8 Update Rolls Out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

15 replies

Userlevel 6
My unlocked 610 still has no update 😞 Oh well, back in its box it goes...will check again in a couple weeks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

My unlocked 610 still has no update 😞 Oh well, back in its box it goes...will check again in ...

That's too bad. Let us know when you get it. I've run 7.8 unofficially for a few weeks now. It requires flashing a different carrier's ROM via NaviFirm/Nokia Care Suite. It's not hard and it's reversable.
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

My unlocked 610 still has no update 😞 Oh well, back in its box it goes...will check again in ...

It's alright, for now I'll just go back to my Nexus 4 & iPhone 5, LoL. Was just hoping it'd be available so I'd have something to tinker with before Ubuntu is released for my Galaxy Nexus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

If you haven't dealt with NaviFirm and NCS, I'd strongly recommend it. It makes flashing and debranding Nokia devices a breeze, regardless of whether they run on Symbian, MeeGo, or Windows Phone. If Nokia ever went with Android, you can bet that it would immediately become a favourite among the developer community.
Userlevel 5
John Burke wrote:

My locked 610 isn't finding it yet either... oh well at least it's getting charged now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

^ LOL. Best. Comment. Ever.
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

Finally went around to updating it via NaviFirm and NCS, all went well but boy did I search for an unbranded 7.8 rom. I ended up using one with "Global" in its filename, it seemed appropriate. It does work, so I'm not complaining. It's under the 8858.12470 version, and our 610s are called RM-835. After flashing though, the Lumia610 is now called the Nokia Cliff, lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

It's not always possible to get the latest ROM unbranded. Just make sure you get one with the correct RM code and you're good. I used a Mexican Telcel ROM for my 800 before today. Changed language to English and deleted all the bloatware (one of my favourite features of WP) and it was as good as unbranded.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

Does it add Mass Storage Mode?
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

I was about to get ready to buy the HTC 8S in the coming weeks. However, the Nexus 4 came back in stock and well, one thing led to another and you know...well... things happen, lol! I'll be happy with WP7.8 for the time being. @Chad: I don't see a UMS option anywhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

No mass storage mode. That's WP8 only. I'm not quite sure if I prefer mass storage or Zune. Honestly, I'd like to have both options (Zune for backup, mass storage for everything else).
John Burke wrote:

its available now................just got released few days ago
Userlevel 7
My phone it's also a business tool sowithout thosefeatures...
its available now................just got released few days ago
Userlevel 2
So apparently my phone has had this update for the last month and I've been ignoring it, lol. I did the update a few days ago. I'm liking the increase in tiles as well as being able to change their size. I still prefer my Nexus S. I can't wait to upgrade to either the S3 or the Nexus 4 😃.