Koodo Community

Wifi settings for BLU Windows phone

When I'm out at a restaurant or a mall, I can connect to their wifi but I cannot access Facebook or the internet. Even at home, I cannot connect to my wifi with my phone. I get a message: 'We're having trouble getting data. Please check your internet connection and try again.' I can't figure out what's wrong.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
K lets focus on wifi at home.

Are other devices able to get wifi at home?

Have you restarted your phone?
Is there an setting to reset network settings?
I checked the settings over and over and over again. I restarted the phone many, many times. Tonight I uninstalled and re-installed Facebook and everything seems to work again. Go figure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lizanne Bartkowiak wrote:

I checked the settings over and over and over again. I restarted the phone many, many times. Ton...

Sometimes something wonky will happen with a particular app's cache, and clearing it or re-installing will fix the problem. Every time I try to download a map on Here!, it barks that's there no internet connection and I have to "cancel" the download for it to resume on home wifi tha tis otherwise 1000% stable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Generally speaking, at public wifi hotspots you will need to accept their terms of service before you will be able to access the internet. Usually you will be redirected to their landing page when you open your browser and try to access a website. (pick a basic page like Google.ca that doesn't redirect you itself).