Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why should I have to pay for my plan if...

Why should I have to pay my phone bill if I do not get a loner phone, and I cannot use my phone while its away for repairs for 3 weeks to 4 weeks? Why am I paying a full month worth of my plan when i'm going to have it for 4 days of my billing cycle, if its returned when they say it will be?

25 replies

Hi Shelby - I think they'll give you a replacement phone while yours is being serviced?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They will give you a loaner phone until you recieve your phone back from repairs. The loaner will not cost you anything as long as its returned in the same condition as you recieved it in.
Userlevel 6
It doesn't take that long to fix a phone. I got mine back in a little over a week.
Userlevel 5
The reason being is you have the option of taking the loaner phone. Saying no doesn't end the monthly obligations/plans.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

The reason being is you have the option of taking the loaner phone. Saying no doesn't end the mo...

If you said no then that meant that you were fine not being able to use your service but you're still paying for it or you have another device you can use. Why not accept the loaner phone? As long as you return it in the same condition, you are good.
I can't do their deposit or im taking money out of my rent and bills. That is why they won't provide me with a loner phone, any other company will, so right now I think I am cancelling with Koodo because this is ridiculous, and they admitted that it's there fault that it screwed up not mine. They said they screwed something up with the sim card as well and they admitted to it. Therefore I will NOT pay for a loner when its their fault, and I can not pay for a loner or it comes out of the rent.
Userlevel 6
Shelby-Anne Tilker wrote:

I can't do their deposit or im taking money out of my rent and bills. That is why they won't pro...

Who told you about a deposit? I'm pretty sure they eliminated that recently. No more deposits for loaner phones. Were you at a koodo store? No charges mentioned here for a lonaer phone. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
Userlevel 7

I can't do their deposit or im taking money out of my rent and bills. That is why they won't pro...

^Virtual Star Chris
Userlevel 4

I second that

They told me yesterday when I was on the phone with customer service that I do need to pay for a loner.
Userlevel 2

They are wrong then as I got confirmation that there is no charge for the loaner phone, in warranty or out.
Badge +4

Is your phone still under the manufacturers one year warranty Shelby?

Yes. I still have eight months warranty left.
Userlevel 5

Hey Shelby-Anne, we’ve listened to our customers feedback here and I’m happy to confirm that you no longer have to pay for a deposit. Can you please tell us which shop you visited? Thanks
Userlevel 6

Customer service told her over the phone.
Userlevel 4
Shelby, there is no charge for a loaner phone. Read the details Chris mentioned above....
Badge +4
There is nothing written regarding loaner phones if the device happens to be out of warranty. If this is the case, I believe there's a charge for a loaner device.
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

There is nothing written regarding loaner phones if the device happens to be out of warranty. If ...

If the phone is sent away for repair(warranty or out of warranty) the loaner phone option is still available. The only time there is a charge for the loaner phone is if the loaner phone is damaged.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

There is nothing written regarding loaner phones if the device happens to be out of warranty. If ...

Thanks Myke, I didn't know that. Once again, I think that the entire warranty/out-of-warranty area needs to be re-written so people have a clearer understanding of what to expect.
rikkster wrote:

Customer service told me that its 150. deposit for a loner phone, and I will get that back when I Return the phone, but again. Can't pay that because then I am taking money out of rent. Honestly, I just got this one a month ago. I'm under warranty and they charge EVERYONE for a loner phone. That was right from customer service on the phone.
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

Shelby, I am in Tech Support for Koodo. The charge for the loaner phone has been removed for at least 2 months. Whoever you talked to is MISINFORMED. There is NO charge for a loaner phone. The only time there is a charge now is if there is damage to the phone.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Considering you're under warranty, the Koodo rep informed you incorrectly. The charge for a loaner phone was dropped a few months back. I think one of the official reps here should step in to try and resolve the matter or at least have a chat with the store/rep that gave you this incorrect information.
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

Already confirmed it Rikkster 🙂.
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

We think alike rikkster. Posted right as you said it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

The charge was removed July 14, the same day the new tab plans were introduced.