Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why cant windows find my phone when it rings when i call it.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you please elaborate?
hi I lost my phone while out riding ,since then I have been calling it from my home phone.The phone rings when I call it but windows find my phone cannot locate it or make it ring.I don't understand why,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bryan Macneill wrote:

hi I lost my phone while out riding ,since then I have been calling it from my home phone.The pho...

Aye, sorry to hear you lost your phone! When you visit Find My Phone (https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/find?signin=true) does it show your phone? Make sure you lock it... in case someone finds it. I just tested it with my Windows phone and it asked me to register before I could call it, so I'm wondering if yours got registered all right...
Userlevel 1
Bryan Macneill wrote:

hi I lost my phone while out riding ,since then I have been calling it from my home phone.The pho...

To avoid other people using it at your expense, you can suspend it using Self Serve or call Koodo care to flag it Lost phone.
Userlevel 3
Did you turn on the settings on the phone, to allow find my phone to work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If this requires data, did you have your data enabled on your phone? And there is also the possibility that your phone was on silent and the program cannot over-ride this. Or worse case scenario, your phone ran out of power :s
I don't have a Window phone and apologize if this is answered somewhere else. What about this as a service? https://www.rogersphonefinder.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Insteadof wrote:

I don't have a Window phone and apologize if this is answered somewhere else. What about this as...

That's a Rogers service which wouldn't be available to a koodo customer. Anything with Rogers isn't anything I'd ever recommend at all either 😉
Insteadof wrote:

I don't have a Window phone and apologize if this is answered somewhere else. What about this as...

>>Anything with Rogers isn't anything I'd ever recommend at all either 😉 I'm with Koodo because it provides value. The Rogers offering is technology that can help. Would be something that I would use if offered by Koodo. Would have saved a lot of panic when a phone was left in a friends car by mistake. Don't get me wrong I HATE Rogers, but want to make use of the tools that are out there.
Userlevel 4
Insteadof wrote:

According to the regisration, you need a Rogers number... https://www.rogersphonefinder.com/register.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Insteadof wrote:

Hi Insteadof (nice name, your Momma had a sense of humor) 😃 What phone do you have? If it is an Android, there are some nice services that locate a missing phone. I personally use Cerberus but there is also Avast and a few others... I believe iPhone has services as well so tell us what you are after and perhaps you'll get some recommendations 🙂
Insteadof wrote:

Thanks for reminding me to check the vendor. The one is question is a Blackberry. I'll go to their "world" and see what is there.