Koodo Community
Solved

Where is my referral bonus . I called to customer care so many times they informed that it will come after 3 months .

Where is my referral bonus

34 replies

Badge +4
How long has it been since your referral was verified? It usually takes 4-8 weeks for the credit to show up on your account. You can check the status of it below. https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg
Mats wrote:

How long has it been since your referral was verified? It usually takes 4-8 weeks for the credit ...

Its been 4 months now.
In referral history nothing is showing for me.
in another email i referred my friend 
[b]Friends don’t let friends miss out on $50.
I given my Koodo phone number also .
But still i haven't heard anything back from the team.

Please do the needful asap.

This is not fair and we can't spend more time  on this.

We are expecting the process should be automatic and smooth.

The balance for me around 75$
Hi, thanks for your speedy action and solve my problem! Appreciated very much! I should have come to this area instead of go to https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ site. I have just login to my account and see that $25 referral credit amount appeared. However, I still have question as follow:
Question 1).
I should be entitled to 2 x $25 credit as there was a BONUS $25 credit during that promotion period. This is confirmed by the replied email I got from koodomobile@sparkrefer.com on Jan11th; here I copy the message again as follow:
 Subject: Congrats, XXX, you've earned a reward from Koodo
Congrats, XXX!
You've earned a bill credit because you completed your referral from XXX XXX
Now that you're a Koodo customer, you can earn more bill credits (up to a maximum of $300 per calendar year) by referring your friends and family to Koodo. Use this link and set up a new password to get started:
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/
Here's your reward:   $25 bill credit
Please allow four weeks for the credit to appear in your account.
$25 bonus bill credit
Please allow four weeks for the credit to appear in your account.
 ****end of copied message***

Wonder why the $25 bonus bill credit is not shown at the same time? Will it be appeared on next bill?

Question 2).
As seen from your reply message, I don't quite understand your meaning:
“........ The team also flagged that there is a pending referral you applied for in May, and this will be reflected on your next bill"
 Does it mean the "pending referral" is the $25 BONUS bill credit I mentioned at Question 1) above? If so, I can wait until next bill to see if it will be shown on it.
 Thanks again for everything. Just to make sure there is still a missing $25 BONUS bill credit outstanding, if it will be reflected on next bill, no problem at all. I'll wait and see.
Mats wrote:

How long has it been since your referral was verified? It usually takes 4-8 weeks for the credit ...

Thanks for coming back! You have already provided your Koodo Phone Number to us. Click here to check the status of your reward.
If you think you entered your account information incorrectly, Click here to update your Koodo Phone Number.
Mats wrote:

Check Your EmailWe have sent an email to with the latest status of your referral. Click the link in the email to view the up-to-date status of your referral.

If you don't see the email, please check your junk, spam, promotions, or other folders. If you're still having trouble, use the Contact Us link below for help.
Badge +4
Mats wrote:

When you log in to refer a friend site under referral history you should see who you have sent referrals to and whether they have been verified or they say waiting for account info. Very strange why you don't see anything. If you see a bill credit for $25 referral that is all you will get for that certain referral. They don't pay half of it on one bill and then the other half later. If you think you should have received $50 the only way to get it resolved is by contacting them which can be very hard to do as you have found out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Naresh: The refer a friend was completed by a separated team, if you don't see it in 8 weeks, you could call them to make a complaint.
The status of the bonus could be checked in the Mats link above. Make sure you follow their steps, and it will appear.
Dinh wrote:

@Naresh: The refer a friend was completed by a separated team, if you don't see it in 8 we...

Hi Dinh,

I have gone through the process and there is no history for me .
I am not sure whats wrong
Dinh wrote:

@Naresh: The refer a friend was completed by a separated team, if you don't see it in 8 we...

For your information i called them so many times.
I have realized that there is no point to contact them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I saw your email above, I think you would see the referral bonus in the next bill. If not, you could escalate the problem to Koodo again.
Dinh wrote:

I don't think so . I can't see anything in my Referral history . What about the referral amount pending from Jan 11th.
Dinh wrote:

I dont have any hope on this and the service is not up the mark. 
Rather then spending time here better to disconnect it .
Dinh wrote:

I was on hold for 45 min and still the problem is not resolved .
and the person on other end told me that you have a referral you will get it after 3 months .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

@Naresh, looks like the rep where you activated was the one initiating the referral. Hence the investigation.This is a concern and typically not credited. You may want to talk to him as this isn't considered a referral if it's done by the sales person. 
Dinh wrote:

Yes its done by sales person, But we completely rely on him.
And he told me there is a promotion is going you will get some bonus as well 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

From the sounds of it you won't be getting the bonus referral credit from being referred. And it looks like the sales person got in trouble. If you got the basic $25 credit, maybe that will have to do. I know it sucks. But sometimes greedy people do bad things
Dinh wrote:

Yes, I agree with you .
How long does it take for the basic credit.
Shall i wait for another 3 months 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

From looking at your account Naresh, you tried to accept two separate referral invites. The first was on the date of your activation, which was approved, and which fell under the regular referral offer of $25. The second attempt was a couple of weeks after during the promo period, and that was denied because you had already activated and claimed the first offer.
I do not see any history of you sending out referrals to other prospective customers. Keep in mind that the person would have to accept your invite/input your phone number, and activate a new account with Koodo in order for the referral to be valid. Rules can be viewed here.

I'll look into why the initial credit has not yet been applied, and report back. 
Dinh wrote:

Ok cool.

Confirm one thing .
Shall i get any referral bonus or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I thought you said you already received the $25 credit?
Dinh wrote:

Me no man. lol

I haven't got anything except the emails ..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

You are not eligible for any referral bonus, because you did not activate nor claim the referral within a bonus period. As stated above, it looks like a second attempt to claim the referral was made 2 weeks after activation (during the bonus period), but you can't double-dip like that..
Dinh wrote:

I'll look into why the initial credit has not yet been applied, and report back. 

Still you want to investigate on this .... Cool

take your own time you can update on this after 6 months 🙂
Dinh wrote:

Thanks for your replies and the confirmation.

We are very much happy with the service .

I will deactivate the number today.

and i hope this time there is no referral bonus for deactivate the number  🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Well, up to you my friend, if you don't want the credit and don't want me to look into it, that's cool too. I was just trying to help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dinh wrote:

Where is the credit