Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when should I make my switch to koodo ???

Userlevel 1
I have to give BELL 30 Days Notice on October 3rd to cancel my account....and I want to switch my number to koodo...and try to have a billing date close to the 24th of each month....if I can....what's the easy way of doing this....and also get new phone as well

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want a Koodo billing date of the 24, then I would recommend singing up for Koodo about 10 days before that. But Koodo determine the End of your billing cycle about 3-10 days after you sign up. Note that once you canceled your account you will not be able to port your number so make sure you port well before your canceled date or you risk losing your number. Other than than, when you are ready to switch to Koodo, just visit your local kiosk
Userlevel 5
Hi Allen, It might be hard to predict your cycle data for Koodo, you can try calling Koodo customer care and see if they can give you more insight. That being said, I would recommend signing up and porting your number a week before your cancellation date with Bell. Porting is pretty straight forward and usually takes between 20 min - 2 hours but just in case there are any issues you have some buffer time to sort this out. Once you've passed the cancellation date, your number will be inactive and you will no longer be able to port this. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
so I can port the number before getting a new phone....or fully signing with Koodo ???
Userlevel 5
Hi Allan, You will need to sign-up with Koodo (and get a SIM card at the very least) before you can port. You can ask the sales rep to help you with this or you can also port the number yourself via the Koodo self-serve web portal. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
okay....ty
Userlevel 5
No problem! Feel free to follow up if you have any other questions/run into issues. Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Also when porting your number from Bell be sure to bring your Bell account number so that Koodo is able to port the number over more easily. That would help out too. Just my two cents 🙂