Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Visual Voicemail for Windows Phone

Does your Visual Voicemail feature (currently advertised as iPhone 4 or newer only) work with Windows Phone? Or Android/Blackberry for that matter? As I understand it, all the platforms natively support visual voicemail (my Lumia 950 just added dual sim support for visual voicemail) it's just a matter of Koodo turning it on for these other platforms.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, on the features portion of the website, it says (iphone only) I believe. So it only currently works with Iphone
Chadwick wrote:

No, on the features portion of the website, it says (iphone only) I believe. So it only currently...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious ... I was wondering if I enable that add-on if it would also magically work with Windows Phone. Visual Voicemail isn't an iPhone exclusive thing, it's been supported by ALL phone platforms for many years.
Userlevel 2
No Canada carrier is supporting the new Windows Phones so its doubtful this feature will be seen anytime soon. Once Koodo/Telus starts offering the phones for sale this may change (if they ever offer Windows Phones)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tristan Gummow wrote:

No Canada carrier is supporting the new Windows Phones so its doubtful this feature will be seen ...

They have offered windows phones in the past and stopped because they were impossible to sell, even worse than BlackBerry according to Koodo so I don't think we will ever see windows phones sold at Koodo again.
Tristan Gummow wrote:

No Canada carrier is supporting the new Windows Phones so its doubtful this feature will be seen ...

I don't care if they actively support them or not, all I want is for the them to check the box in their visual voicemail settings that enables support for Windows Phone and Android. It's not like they need different software running on their end ... at least that's my understanding.
What about Android support? Surely they could be convinced to support the OS that dominates the entire market? Why must they keep giving preferential treatment to Apple users?