Koodo Community
Question

Use Koodo's sim card and transfer number from Rogers

I bought a lumia 520 from Koodo. I bought it outright and plus got a sim card with it. Can rogers activate transfer my number on koodo's simcard? I have use a regular sim but lumia uses micro sim. So I was wondering can rogers move my number to the micro sim that koodo gave me? Ofcourse I will get phone unlocked.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
You're trying to use the Koodo phone on Rogers? 1. Make sure your Koodo account is still active and valid 2. You need to unlock the phone 3. You need to activate a plan with Rogers and give them your Koodo account number, they will port over the phone number for you 4. Rogers will provide you with their own microSIM 5. Koodo will send you a bill of any outstanding balance
Userlevel 1
You're trying to use the Koodo phone on Rogers? 1. Make sure your Koodo account is still activ...A few further questions: 1. Have you already activated your Koodo account? 2. Do you already have a Rogers account? 3. You have a regular SIM already.... is that Rogers' or Koodo's SIM?
Userlevel 1
You're trying to use the Koodo phone on Rogers? 1. Make sure your Koodo account is still activ...I'm just re-reading this to try and understand what you are telling us here... So... it all depends... did you activate the Koodo account? If not, just tell Rogers you need a microSIM, unlock the phone, put the microSIM from Rogers in and you are good to go.
You're trying to use the Koodo phone on Rogers? 1. Make sure your Koodo account is still activ...No I did not activate I used 0 Tabs and bought the phone outright online for $150 plus Taxes. Yes I have rogers account and currently use regular sim. So I guess as TImo said. I have to unlock and then get a micro sim from Rogers and transfer my number from Rogers regular sim to rogers micro sim.
Userlevel 1
You're trying to use the Koodo phone on Rogers? 1. Make sure your Koodo account is still activ...so... you didn't sign up for a plan or anything? If so, just unlock the phone and tell Rogers you got a new phone and need a MicroSIM. We'll see you in a few months!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to use the Koodo Lumia 520 with Rogers, in addition to getting it unlocked you will need to get a micro sim card from Rogers. A Koodo sim will not work on the Rogers network.
Userlevel 5
Hello Sanna, I am just wondering why you are going to Rogers? Koodo could definitely offer you very competitive plans that are worth being into.
Hello Sanna, I am just wondering why you are going to Rogers? Koodo could definitely offer you...Currently in a contract with them. The contract ends in nov. I will be heading to koodo after Nov of this year.
Yup koodo will not work with rogers sim card.. try getting your phone unlocked from any of the commercial vendors online like http://www.wickedunlock.com before swapping sim..Even if you are in a contract you can do that from a third party..