Koodo Community
Question

two sim card share one phone number

• 23 February 2015
  • 7 replies

I'm thinking about getting an new phone from koodo, and of course, the new sim card is required, if I activate my new sim card, does that mean my old sim card will de-activate automatically, or I have to de-activate it by myself? And another question, if I have to de-activate it by myself, and I did not de-activate it, does that mean I have two sim card share the same number? If this happens, do I have to pay koodo the double monthly fee?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The old sim becomes inactive once the new sim is activated on the same account for the same phone number
The old sim becomes inactive once the new sim is activated on the same account for the same phone...thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The old sim becomes inactive once the new sim is activated on the same account for the same phone...If the old SIM fits the new phone, just transfer it to the new phone and put the new one aside as a backup.
Userlevel 5
As well nobody offers a service where you can share one number between two sims, just fyi.

As well nobody offers a service where you can share one number between two sims, just fyi.

Does this issue still apply today? I need to run a specific app on an older version of android and don’t want to swap my SIM back and forth if I can avoid it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does this issue still apply today? I need to run a specific app on an older version of android and don’t want to swap my SIM back and forth if I can avoid it.

It does, yes. You can only have one sim card active per number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Alternative: get a basic prepaid plan with a separate number for the least-used phone (B). Use your current SIM and number on the principal handset (A), and forward calls to the prepaid set (B) .

OR

Sign up for a VoIP service, use that as your principal number and have calls simul-ring to both A & B.

Either way, you are stuck to pay for a second cell plan. If you use a VoIP service, you can place wifi calls even on prepaid and older Android versions with an appropriate app.