Koodo Community

Community

Thanks for expanding your WP8 selection (Nokia Lumia 620 coming soon)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A while back, I suggested that the Nokia Lumia 620 would be a perfect match for Koodo. Someone must've listened: http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/02/04/nokia-lumia-620-coming-to-telus-and-koodo-mobile/ Its predecessor should not have existed, but this one looks to be a very capable entry-level handset. I don't believe the $300 price speculation, but if it's in the $200-250 range, it would be a good deal. People thinking about an HTC 8S should hold off for just a bit and compare these phones. The 8S has a slightly bigger screen and a better battery (and a nicer design, in my opinion), but the 620 has a front-facing camera, faster main camera, and some nice Nokia-only apps.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Will most definitely get one, just to play with it if it's cheap enough (no tab). I have the 610 already, and while it's not a powerhouse, I'm always amazed at how well the OS runs on it. I kind of like the flow of WP7/WP8 and well, yet anoter phone in my collection can't hurt now... can it? lol
Userlevel 2
Ah ha, somewhat better windows at last.
Userlevel 2
I actually have the 610 though I can't use it because I'm missing the micro sim card, but from what I saw, it's not a bad phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 610 would not have been a bad phone if the 710 didn't exist. The 710 was only marginally more expensive but more powerful and pentaband. The 610 can't run all WP7 apps due to its low RAM.
I've read up on the 620 and it looks great. It's a step ahead of the Ace II X that I was going to go with, and I've had my heart set on a WP for a while. If that doesn't scream fate I don't know what does.
I heard 3 weeks!!!
I'm getting so impatient lol.
Ollistopheles wrote:

Yeah, I just lol'd
Ollistopheles wrote:

Wish we could get a date! Really tempted to just buy the 620 at Telus and unlock to bring over here
Ollistopheles wrote:

I've been contemplating the same thing. But then I look at the 720 and wonder if that will come out over here...
I don't think it's coming...