Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SMS Server Name

Due to recent security measures by my EMail provider, I am no longer able to send a text message to my phone via 9991234567@msg.telus.com

I would like to use the SMPP Command (https://jpsoft.com/help/index.htm?smpp.htm) to send a text message to my phone, but I require the SMS Server name.

What is the SMS Server name that I would use for Koodo, so that I can send a text message from my Windows system, to my Android Phone, using the SMPP Command?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Joe,

What is your email provider? From a computer and your inbox, you should be able to send an email to your phone number through 9991234567@msg.telus.com. If you are experiencing issue, could you please give us more details. We tried from different email providers and it is working.

Thanks!
Yes, from a computer, and my inbox, I can do that. But I cannot do it from the command line. I used to be able to do this from the command line using this command;

sendmail /SSL=2 /V 5199999999@msg.telus.com "Subject" "Message"

but for security reasons, my email provider no longer allows emailing from the command line.

Thus, my request for the SMS Server name that Koodo uses, so that I can use the SMPP command that I provided a link to in my OP.

Joe

Userlevel 5
Joe Caverly wrote:

Yes, from a computer, and my inbox, I can do that. But I cannot do it from the command line. I us...

Thanks Joe,

However, we won't be able to give you more details. You are able to send SMS from your phone and from your inbox with @msg.telus.com so, if you are experiencing issue from the command line, you need to contact your email provider for more info about this security update. Our support is limited regarding this kind of request.

Thanks for your understanding Joe
Joe Caverly wrote:

Yes, from a computer, and my inbox, I can do that. But I cannot do it from the command line. I us...

So, Koodo does not know the name of their SMS Server?

Joe
Userlevel 5
Joe Caverly wrote:

Thanks for asking Joe.

Rest assured that we know the name of our SMS Server. We would love to help you however we can't share the info for security reasons. As an user of command line, you should know why sharing this info could be risky 😉.

Thanks for your understanding.