Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Shopsavvy quesion

Userlevel 1
Has anyone used the Shop Savvy app. Been trying it out and it rarely works in finding anything. It will just sit there after it scans the bar code. Looks like it is trying to pull up prices but doesnt. Out of the 12 things I have scanned it worked with 2. Seems like a handy app, but is it more based for the US

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I sometimes use Checkout 51, I think that is more Canada based 🙂
Userlevel 4
Sophia wrote:

I sometimes use Checkout 51, I think that is more Canada based :)

checkout 51 is awesome. I've already gotten 2 checks from them lol. When my savings balance reaches $20 or more then send you a check at your request 😛
Sophia wrote:

+1 for checkout 51.. love it..
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

Never heard of it, but will check it out now. I tested with some DVDs and it finds them, but shows all online stuff. Some stuff I scaned was from Futureshop and brought up nothing
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

Bah, never mind, I have the Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows 8, not available. Thanks foir the info above though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Ya alot of the windows phone stuff is US based with no alternative. Android is also alot of US based stuff but there's usually an alternative. Of all I'm sure BlackBerry is probably the most Canadian focus since Blackberry is a Canadian based company.
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

Thanks. Would of been a nice feature. I tested it more, tried DVD and it pulled up info for them no problem, with prices all from online stores. So it works, just not in Canada really
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

I need to try this Checkout 51 thing.. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Highly recommend Checkout 51. I also have gotten 2 checks thus far. If you use it during sales and with a coupon you can make money. And yes Shop Savvy is available in Canada, but it is extremely limited with price info
Userlevel 1
RedLaser has a larger database, as it's been around longer, but still mostly US-based. Then again, if you know exactly what you want, what's wrong with a little cross-border online shopping 😉
Userlevel 1
G R wrote:

RedLaser has a larger database, as it's been around longer, but still mostly US-based. Then a...

Thanks. Ill try that one, never heard of it. Im new to the app game actually, so all this is new to me