Koodo Community
Question

Rogers prepaid to Koodo monthley?

• 25 December 2013
  • 16 replies

I want this phone "Rogers HTC Windows Phone 8X Prepaid Smartphone". Can i somehow use this phone with my current $60 a month plan? My old Samsung ace has a broken screen and needs to be replaced.

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there!!! If the phone has been unlocked, you will be able to use it with Koodo... The best thing to do will be to try a koodo sim card in the phone you wish to use, that will be the best way to know if it will work...
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.
Userlevel 7
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Then buy a Koodo phone so you're safe.
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.This is why im not asking you. Im trying to ask someone who knows, preferably someone that works at Koodo... Just a fyi the phone is only $129.99 at Future Shop
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Be nice, Sean 🙂 Jonathan is very knowledgeable and is the manager of a mobile store. If the phone has "Rogers" in the description you can bet your boots it will be locked to them. However, unlocking a phone might be as easy as sniff around on the internet and find a reliable unlocking service. If you want serious answers here and perhaps a suggestion or two, don't start by chewing out regular members - they might be reluctant to address you next time 🙂
Userlevel 7
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Most HSPA phones made in the past few years in NA are quad band, so they'll support most major carriers across NA (and some overseas too). The phone will work with Koodo but you will have to unlock it first, which is why I suggested if you do not wish to go through that hassle then just buy a Koodo phone so you're ready to go out of the box. If you wish to use your data plan or MMS with the 8X then you'll also have to input the APN settings. Ivan is our resident WP expert so I'm sure he'll chime in here but generally you can find the option under settings > cellular. Go to switch2koodo.com for more info on how to get this setup.
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Thank you much ! Just bought the prepaid HTC 8x phone for $129.99 which seems impossible to me because regular price for the same phone on contract is $550. That is why the big question mark over my head. Whats the difference between the phones? Anyways thanks again and ...... MERRY CHRISTMAS *<:)
Userlevel 7
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Yeah, best buy and future shop will clear out older/slow selling devices by reducing their retail price and selling them outright.
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.So I should be ok to use this phone with my plan once I unlock it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.If it works, for sure Sean 🙂 Koodo is not fussed what phone you use with your plan. Did you know you can request a 10% discount on your plan (if you no longer have any open Tab)?
Well i don't want to buy the phone if i don't know if it will work.Yup, im 1 month away from the 10% discount. I just can't stand my galaxy ace anymore.
WOW I LOVE this phone. Its wicked fast to load new webpages ... to go from a Samsung galaxy ace to the new HTC 8X ... just WOW, its nice to have a real phone again. The unlocking process went very smooth, I went to a local cellular shop and in 20min I had it unlocked for $25. Got a new Koodo micro SIM for $10 went onto my Koodo account and for FREE ( wasn't expecting that) registered the new SIM. Total time from the moment I opened the box, till I could use the phone with mobile data was about 1 hr. That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Her are the APN settings im using in case anyone needs it. THANK YOU ! APN: sp.koodo.com User name: (blank) Password: (blank) WAP gateway (URL): 74.49.0.18 WAP gateway port: 80 MMSC (URL): http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/:mmsc MMSC port: 80
Userlevel 6
Before put your Koodo sim card on HTC Windows Phone 8X,Make sure your phone is unlocked one.If it...I think Sean had this already figured out ranjana as he's been using his phone on Koodo for a couple of days now. But thanks for the reminder 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Before put your Koodo sim card on HTC Windows Phone 8X,Make sure your phone is unlocked one.If it...Always love more SPAM.