Koodo Community

Community

Question

Phone Shopping! !!!!!!

Want the best bang for my buck!!!!! And I don't want a phone that I can't chip or take the battery out!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you want to buy it from Koodo or anywhere and does size matter because now days your very limited on options that have the 2 features you mentioned. If you can give up the removable battery for a battery that lasts long then the best bang for your buck would be IMO the Moto X Play from Motorola that Koodo carries. It's an excellent device that feels smaller than its 5.5" Size thanks to its ergonomic curved design on that back. It has a huge 3630mah battery and expandable storage through an SD card as well. It has one of the most gorgeous displays I've ever seen on a smartphone and I actually like it better than most 2k displays because of its amazing color reproduction and how bright and vibrant it is. It has a great camera with a 21mp lens that many pics rival my Galaxy S6 Edge which is the best camera on a smartphone right know. If you listen to things on your headphones it also has some of the best sound output through the 3.5mm headphone jack I've heard on a smartphone. All that and more for under $400 is an incredible deal and easily my recommendation for best bang for your buck right now at Koodo.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Do you want to buy it from Koodo or anywhere and does size matter because now days your very limi...

Yes I want a phone through Kodoo but do they carry the Moto X Play?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Do you want to buy it from Koodo or anywhere and does size matter because now days your very limi...

Oh and thanks for your reply!
Userlevel 7
Yes they sell the Moto X Play. It's a very good, if not the best, mid range option in Koodo's lineup. If you're obsessed with having a removable battery, the G3 is also a good option. It has better internal storage and microsd support too, but the trade off on having a removable battery is its smaller capacity and shorter longevity thanks to the Quad HD screen. It's also a bit washed out and has poor brightness/contrast, but moar pixelz is t3h 0wn@g3, right? 😕 The processor is good and camera quality is decent. One problem is that it's also an older model, and LG doesn't have a stellar track record with updates, so if you plan on keeping this phone for almost 2 years, I'd recommend the Moto X Play again.