Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone not letting me send picture messages?

Hi! I got a new phone a Microsoft Lumia 435 and it is not letting me send picture message. It just stopped letting me. Any one know what to do about it

4 replies

Userlevel 3
You have to have data turned on, and data as part of your plan. Judging by your phone in guessing you're on prepaid?
Userlevel 7
Jrü Gordon wrote:

You have to have data turned on, and data as part of your plan. Judging by your phone in guessing...

Data booster isn't required on prepaid to send/receive MMS 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi Cara, Data has to be turned on on your phone. However, it will not use any data. If your on post-paid, then make sure you don't have the data block add-on in self serve. If you have pre-paid, then you don't have to worry about accidental data usage as it won't let you use data without a booster and you can just leave it on.
Userlevel 2
My last phone was the 520 (says Nokia not Microsoft but same maker same phone line even looks identical) and I had no issue attaching pictures or ringtones and sending them. Never had data on the phone, just simply hit attach picked what I wanted to attach and done. 

Also go to settings-about and make sure your on the latest build (need to be connected to wifi to download if not current) You should be running
Software:Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14234.375