Koodo Community

Community

Solved

nokia lumia 520 does not turn on

i just recently switched to a prepaid plan and now my nokia lumia 520 doesn't turn on. I've plugged it in for several hours and the phone kept making a beeping sound but the phone was not charging. Do I need to replace the battery? If so, where can I get one? I went to the same koodo store where I bought the cell phone and the clerk had no idea what is wrong with the phone.

8 replies

Yes it must be a hardware issue. I recommend asking Microsoft, they have very good support. I have no issues with my Nokia Lumia 635
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your Lumia 520 is charged and refusing to turn on, then please hold the VOLUME DOWN (-) button and the POWER/LOCK button until you feel the phone vibrate. The phone should reboot. Let us know if this fixes your issue.
Userlevel 6
Hi Ann, if your phone is still under warranty, we'll be able to send it for repairs if needed. You'll find more info about the process on this link: http://koo.do/17fmAbU. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
the issue was fixed last night. i connected my phone to my laptop, installed something from Microsoft, then i held the volume - and power buttons until it vibrated. thank u
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ann Dee wrote:

the issue was fixed last night. i connected my phone to my laptop, installed something from Micro...

You're welcome! Come back if you have any other issues.
Userlevel 6
Ann Dee wrote:

the issue was fixed last night. i connected my phone to my laptop, installed something from Micro...

Great news, Ann! Have a good day 🙂
Ann Dee wrote:

phone is on but go to dial or press any icon its restart. phone hardware is not support. what can i do
Badge +4
Ann Dee wrote:

Could be a loose connection between the mainboard and the digitizer. A reputable cell phone repair shop in your neighbourhood might be able to take a look at it to find out what's wrong with your phone. How old is the battery? Does it hold a charge? Could be something as simple as replacing the battery. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-Battery-Nokia-Lithium-Ion-1430mAh/dp/B00EZG3OGW