Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nokia 1020 loses signal on Koodo network

Does anyone have a problem with a Nokia 1020 losing the signal connection for around 10 seconds several times a day? The phone is locked to Telus. The tech at the Microsoft store said it was a common problem with the Telus network.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
That's a cheap shot from the Microsoft store... Shouldn't they have tested this thoroughly before selling the device to the carriers? Anyhow, I'd recommend calling Koodo's tech team and see if they can help you sort this out. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm Cheers, Peter
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter wrote:

That's a cheap shot from the Microsoft store... Shouldn't they have tested this thoroughly before...

Passing the blame around is sadly an industry standard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, the tech at the Microsoft Store must like passing the buck on to someone else. I've had a similar experience at the Apple Store when they insisted that it was a Koodo problem and not a problem with their phone. My persistence got me an exchange. Having owned several 1020s, I have not had any such issue. I've had one replaced under warranty because my WiFi/BT would drop, requiring a restart of the phone several times a day. Do you have LTE enabled? If LTE coverage is spotty at best in my experience and I tend to disable it in my settings. I suggest giving that a try.