Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New hardware is incompatible with the old hardware. The equipment exchange cannot be performed.

I ordered a Nokia 520 online and it came with a new SIM card, but when I try and switch my phone and put in the IMEI number (it doesn't have a MEID) it says "New hardware is incompatible with the old hardware. The equipment exchange cannot be performed." But like... I bought it from their site... HELP

7 replies

Make sure you're selecting the option to switch your sim card. This will ask you for the serial number of the sim card, not the meid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You shouldn't have to "register" the phone, just the SIM card. Go to Self-Serve (website, not mobile app) > Mobile Phone > Swap Mobile Phone (bottom left corner) > Upgrade my current phone > enter your new SIM card number. Never does it ask me for the IMEI#. IMEI is the GSM counterpart of the MEID. Is your previous device a CDMA phone? Are you on prepaid?
Userlevel 6
Don't panic, you're just entering the wrong number. What the site is actually looking for is the serial number of the SIM card, the one that starts 891.
Hmm well I understand how the whole system works now, but after I enter the sim card and wait 15 mins/more my phone tells me there is no sim card/it's invalid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gideon longfoot wrote:

Hmm well I understand how the whole system works now, but after I enter the sim card and wait 15 ...

Are you sure the sim card is correctly inserted?
Gideon longfoot wrote:

Hmm well I understand how the whole system works now, but after I enter the sim card and wait 15 ...

Pretty sure, I've tried it almost every way
Userlevel 7
Under settings and mobike network, Be sure network.selection is on automatic And highest connection speed is 3g