Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My Samsung Focus randomly restarts primarily when using data, is there a way to fix that?

Pretty much the title description, when it restarts I sometimes have to pull the battery out too, whats going on here?

10 replies

Userlevel 1
hmmm.... Well based on a quick read from here (http://forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-focus/178366-samsung-focus-reboots-fixed-worked-me.html) it could be two things: 1) Running too hot and shutting down as a safety 2) Running out of memory and having to crash I reeeeeaaaallly doubt it is the power button thing. Possible solutions, try removing your case to let your phone breathe a little and see if it helps with overheating. Most probably though it's a memory-filling issue. Try emptying out unnecessary data/files/open programs...etc... and buy an SD car to store your stuff on. Also change your Reserve Space from 1% to 20% through Zune, as suggested in the link. Good luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A quick search shows that this is a common problem for the Samsung Focus 😞 However, the one good article I found is that it might be possible to find a fix: http://forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-focus/178366-samsung-focus-reboots-fixed-worked-me.html Try it and report back if that works... if not, you might need to get it fixed (if it is within the warrantee period) Good luck Alexander 🙂
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

A quick search shows that this is a common problem for the Samsung Focus 😞 However, the one good...

bahahahaha exact same link we both posted. Crazy coincidence. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

A quick search shows that this is a common problem for the Samsung Focus 😞 However, the one good...

LOL! I noticed that 😃 I guess we use the same Google huh? 😃
Sophia wrote:

Thanks 🙂 I'll give the bumping the reserve memory up since I don't use a case a try
Well unfortunatley those methods didn't work so I think it must be that its overheating, but thanks for the help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alexander Baird wrote:

Well unfortunatley those methods didn't work so I think it must be that its overheating, but than...

Sorry to hear that Alexander, is it still within the warrantee period? You could have it fixed then... and otherwise perhaps treat yourself to a nice new phone 🙂
Alexander Baird wrote:

Well unfortunatley those methods didn't work so I think it must be that its overheating, but than...

I think it has expired, so getting a new phone might be the best option. Thanks again 🙂
Userlevel 1
Alexander Baird wrote:

Sorry to hear that Alexander. Unfortunately the Focus isn't something we have direct experience with and I wish we could be of more help, but hey.... If you can upgrade, there are plenty of shiny toys to choose from 🙂 ... Unless of course someone knows exactly how to solve it. Either way, good luck!
i am getting the same problem with my focus,,,, just now hard reset it ,, and now the problem is resolved,, maybe there was an issue with the memory , as last time i remember it had only 4 gb remaining ,,, so maybe there would have been some issue with that , thanks for helping ,, i really like internet ,, because dy these type of forums always help me 🙂 hope my comment would help any1 other too