Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My new Unlocked Nokia lumia 540 isn't working on Koodo network. Keeps saying no network found

I got a new Lumia 540 unlocked phone. I've inserted my koodo SIM card into it but the phone can't detect the Koodo network. It shows no network found. So I can't even make calls. I tried using another provider's SIM card and it worked. Any ideas please?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Pet,

Are you sure the phone is unlocked? Follow the steps outline on this site:
http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non...
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Thanks for your comment. The link you sent is about getting data services to work. I can't make or receive calls or send text messages as the phone isn't recognizing the Koodo network at all. It's not about browsing or using data. Yes, I'm sure the phone is unlocked as I tried using SIM cards of 2 other network carriers and they both work well.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Are you able to see the Koodo network in your network selection? It may appear as telus
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Yes, but it shows "No service"
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Did you try swapping out the APN settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Your phone won't find the Koodo network because it's not compatible with it. It's dual-band WCDMA (900/2100). You need 850/1900 WCDMA for Koodo.
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

What other Providers Sim did you try?

Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Please what Microsoft Lumia phones will work with Koodoo? They all seem similar to the Lumia 540
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Anything with WCDMA (also called 3G or HSPA) bands of 850/1900.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Pet,

[url=htt...

Thanks a lot for your help. I got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. It's affordable and has a 5" screen which is one of the reasons I love the Lumia 540. I really love the Windows Lumia series, sad my 540 won't be useful to me in Canada.

Userlevel 7
Ivan already touched on this, but the other provider's SIM the OP tried was Rogers/Fido/Chatr. They're the only ones with 2G in Canada. That's why the 540 recognized those. Everyone else is 3G 850/1900 only (LTE is yet another set of bands). Sorry Pet Tessy, you'll have to buy a different phone.
Thanks