Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My last 3 bills have all been in diff. amts. & I haven't added or deleted ANYTHING>>why?

I have a LG3...a few months ago I added Data but got a notice I had gone over my limit & chg'd $10 extra on my bill! I have Canada-wide toll free calling then the usual items like voicemail, call display etc. I was told by text msg. that if I called Co. for information, I would be chg'd ANOTHER $10!! Since I get all my Facebook, emails etc. on my computer, I decided>>WHAT do I need data for so I cancelled it this week! BUT, my main concern IS: Ever since I got this new phone in June, my bills have all been for a different amt. WHY??

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well page 3 of each of your bills has a detailed breakdown of all expenses. What does it say for overages or extras or whatever that's above your base rate plan? You generally get charged for having service requests done that you can do yourself. If you don't understand your bill you shouldn't be charged but we should be able to help you here. By the sounds of things it's the varying amounts of data that you've been using.
Goran wrote:

Well page 3 of each of your bills has a detailed breakdown of all expenses. What does it say for ...

Is it true that IF I CALL Koodo rather than try to find my answers on here, I'll be chg'd for the call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Well page 3 of each of your bills has a detailed breakdown of all expenses. What does it say for ...

https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_ContactUs_ContactUs There you will find what you will get charged for if you call in. A billing dispute isn't something that you get charged for but this seems less like a dispute and more like understanding where it is you got charged. Have you reviewed page 3 of your last few bills? Is there something that will keep us here from helping you?
Goran wrote:

I was never over Data before this month! I only added it I believe in July or Aug.!!
Goran wrote:

I'm already exceeding my 500 Mb limit with my new $45 plan, yet never was even close to over limit in the 5 years I previously dealt with Telus and Bell!  How can this be?  My phone habits haven't changed at all?  Maybe we're getting sold a "bill of goods" on Koodo's explanations?   
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Koodo is Telus so I'd doubt they'd operate any different in that regard from the parent company. Which phone do you have? You can check data usage in settings to see what used the data. It could have been an update in the background or you browsed particularly data intensive sites. As ive said here before, mobile websites are closing in on 3MB per page on average. 500mb just doesn't take long to burn through.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

@Rod, I'd jump on the $45 2GB promo if you still can. (Ended yesterday but is still up on the website)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lorna - after looking at your account, it looks like you were paying $50 + tax every month consistently up until your July 5th bill. Your last three bills have indeed been fluctuating with different amounts, and as Goran mentioned, if you log into self-serve to look at your bill, pages 2-3 will show you what exactly those overages are for.

From what I'm able to tell, the main culprits have been: 
- You upgraded to a new device in June and began seeing a tab charge of $13/mth added to your account
- You added an international long distance saver package to your account, which has added $3 to your monthly bill
- You were charged for long distance calls prior to adding on the package (on your July bill)
- You changed package in early August (part-way through your billing cycle) - so paid for a portion of the month under the old plan, and the remainder under the new plan
- You were charged for long distance calls to the U.S. in August
- Your September bill also showed minimal long distance charges to the U.S. ($0.55)

It looks like your September bill should be the best reflection of your new monthly charges: $13 monthly tab charge, $45 for your monthly plan, $3 for the international long distance saver add-on, plus taxes. Unless you go over on data, long distance charges, or other services not covered by your plan, you should be seeing $61 + tax every month.

Hope this helps.
Have you noticed that I cancelled the data this month?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I can see that you're on a $45 plan that gives you 1GB of data every month. This is the same plan that you switched to on Aug. 2nd and I don't see any recent changes. When/how did you cancel your data?

FYI - Looking at your account you haven't gone over data at any point, meaning this hasn't been the reason that your bill was different amounts the past few months.