Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moving my SIM to a new phone

Do I need to switch phone in my Koodo self-serve when I move my SIM to a new phone? I have tried, but it says that my SIM card number is already in use (which it is) or it declines my IMEI. The one complication is that the new phone is a Windows phone from the Telus network. I tried putting the card in the new phone and calls work, but data does not. The plan does have data.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are moving just the sim from one phone to the other, no changes in Self serve is needed
Userlevel 3
To get your data working I would suggest downloading the Access point app which will set APN info for MMS and data. You can find the app here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d Once install you can find access point under setting and will just need to select Koodo.
Thanks Boolanger. I couldn't download the app. I suspect that this is because the phone is locked to Telus. However I found all the settings and entered them manually. Now I can browse the web on my phone using my Koodo SIM. But if I try to turn on Internet Sharing it fails saying: There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again. Is there another setting that prevents sharing? Or is it perhaps because it is locked to Telus? I had hoped this would work since Koodo uses Telus.
Paul Goodfellow wrote:

Thanks Boolanger. I couldn't download the app. I suspect that this is because the phone is loc...

Koodo uses the Telus network so I am not surprised I was not asked for an unlock code. But Internet Sharing is my problem now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Goodfellow wrote:

Thanks Boolanger. I couldn't download the app. I suspect that this is because the phone is loc...

Please check my answer in your other post.