Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lumia 925, Koodo compatible?

I got a international unlocked Nokia Lumia 925 and went to get a Koodo micro SIM. However, they would not sell me one and they can't say if my phone is compatible or not. Anyone know if this phone is Koodo compatible?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
What store wouldn't sell you a SIM? You can try to put in your IMEI here to see compatibility. Let us know if it worked. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on-the-koodo-network
Chris Petersens wrote:

What store wouldn't sell you a SIM? You can try to put in your IMEI here to see compatibility...

I went to a Koodo kiosk, they checked the IMEI. it said that compatibility is unavailable. They gave me one of their micro SIM to test on the phone and it didn't work. since they were not sure if the phone works with koodo, they didnt sell me a micro SIM. btw, I just entered the IMEI again and it says : "Lumia 925 Your device should work on our Network. Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen."
Userlevel 7
Does it support HSPA 850/1900? As long as it supports these frequencies it should work.
Daniel Kim wrote:

Does it support HSPA 850/1900? As long as it supports these frequencies it should work.

GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz is what the Nokia website says. I there anything that I have to change in settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

You should be looking at 3G (UMTS or WCDMA) bands. Those are 2G GSM bands that you listed.
Userlevel 3
How exactly didn't the phone work? Any messages presented ? It should work as long as it is unlocked If the sim does work, you'll just need to download access point app which will allow you to correctly set data and mms apns. The app is not searchable in the marketplace but can be downloaded from the link below or from other apps like SysApp pusher http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d
Userlevel 7
Ivan has or had this phone working with Koodo so it is definitely compatible. The IMEI checker isn't accurate. It just needs to be unlocked, if it isn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Ivan has or had this phone working with Koodo so it is definitely compatible. The IMEI checker is...

I haven't had the 925, but it's just an updated version of the 920. All versions of the 925 are compatible with Koodo (RM-892, RM-893, RM-910).