Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Local Unlimited Text Coverage but one person in conversation is on vacation out of area

My teenage son has a $25 month to month plan which includes unlimited LOCAL texts. 

His school friend, who has a local number, and who he often texts back and forth with, is currently in Ontario. We live in Nova Scotia. 

If he replies to the texts she send him, are his texts to her still considered local? Her cellnumber is a local number normally but where she's out of area, we aren't sure if he'll get extra unexpected fees. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Rachael. Texting is canada-wide so regardless of where your son is or who he texts in Canada, it's all included. So he won't be charged to text his friend and his friend wont be charged to text him (as long as that friend has any sort of texting plan). Texting with Koodo actually includes international texting so even if the friend was overseas, he could still text him
Ahmad wrote:

Hey Rachael. Texting is canada-wide so regardless of where your son is or who he texts in Canada,...

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure texting is Canada wide? We have been Koodo clients for 5+ years and I'm sure his plan is unlimited local texting.
(Sorry, single parent on tight budget and want to be certain before giving him the okay to respond).

Plan details when signing into Koodo account say:-

Your current plan - $25per month
  • Conference Calling
  • Provisioning Service
  • Call Display Outbound
  • Call Waiting
  • US Roam Toll @ $0.00Cdn
  • Extra LD Rate (Cdn)
  • Unlimited SMS and MMS
  • 7pm Evenings & Weekends
  • 911 Government Fee
  • Unltd Local Family Calling
  • Koodo Data & SMS Rates
  • Text Messaging Services
  • US Roam Air@1.35
  • Koodo II
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Hey Rachael. Texting is canada-wide so regardless of where your son is or who he texts in Canada,...

Hi there...

Ahmad is right... Even OLD OLD plans include Canada wide text... and based on the price you have (25$) I am sure at 100% that your text is Canada Wide...
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Yes I'm sure. There's actually no such thing as 'local' texting and never has been in the Canada cell phone industry and never been offered by a Canadian cell phone company.
Ahmad wrote:

Lovely. Thank you both very much for responding to me.