Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is lumia 640 xl coming to koodo/ or is it out yet?

I've been outside of Canada for last two month and just wondering if lumia 640 is out yet.
I've checked the website, but there is nothing.
It would be great if you guys can help 🙂

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As far as I know Koodo has no immediate plans to carry any windows devices as they are their worst sellers along with BlackBerry which we haven't seen in the lineup for like a year. You can always purchase any compatible device elsewhere that's unlocked and use it with koodo but don't keep your hopes up of getting any windows devices from Koodo let alone a specific model.
Sadly no Lumia xl yet. And the only reason they sell the worst is the staff know NOTHING about them. Blackberry and Windows are excellent devices. We should encourage options and variety in the mobile world beyond Android and iOS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vladimir JP Deveau wrote:

Sadly no Lumia xl yet. And the only reason they sell the worst is the staff know NOTHING about th...

I know both are great OS 's but I'm curious what sets them apart that you think they would sell if sales ppl "knew about them"? Remember most font know anything hardly at all about any devices, at least 85% have no real idea what they're talking about for any devices running any OS in my experience from every carrier.

Sadly no Lumia xl yet. And the only reason they sell the worst is the staff know NOTHING about th...

Windows Phone is far easier to use out of the box. Blackberry is far more secure out of the box. Android you can make your own with far too much customization options and iOS .. Well other people love apples. They all have strong points. Personally I love Windows Phone. But my brother loves Android for his own reasons. Point is variety is the spice of life.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo typically sold Nokia WP devices, and that should've been a selling point. On average, they're just more solidly put together. By comparison, the Moto G, a great phone, is of questionable quality when it comes to long-term. Several people I know have them and like them, but they've had quite a bit of warranty issues.
@OP you can buy the 640XL unlocked from the Canadian Microsoft Store website.
I recently bought the 640XL unlocked for a very good price. Still getting used to the size, but otherwise very much a step up from the little old 520. Works fine for me on my Koodo account.