Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to switch phones and keep my plan, but im not sure how, or if i can.

I have a Nokia phone with a koodo plan already that still has quite a bit on the tab, but I want to buy a used iPhone that is with Virgin Mobile. It is not unlocked. Is it possible to switch my plan from the Nokia to the used iPhone without paying anything extra? Just continue paying my monthly bill just on a new phone?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes it is possible. You would need to get the phone unlocked. Then you can go to your nearest koodo stall and they will get you setup with your new phone. You will be able to keep your current plan, and you may be able to save 10% on your monthly plan but I'm unsure that you can get the 10% off on older plans, but you can definitely bring it over to the network
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

Yes it is possible. You would need to get the phone unlocked. Then you can go to your nearest koo...

Mathieu is right. Just wanted to add this. You can purchase that unlocked phone and then purchase a compatible koodo simcard. - At the shop, they will not activate the sim card for you. You will need to do it from your self serve account - Mobile Phone - Swap divice and enter the new sim card number for your iphone. - If you still have a negative tab. Leave it the way it is until is fully paid off. Once the tab is paid off. You can call customer service to add the NO TAB DISCOUNT and get %10 off. This is how it works.
Mathieu wrote:

Yes it is possible. You would need to get the phone unlocked. Then you can go to your nearest koo...

Thanks 😃
Userlevel 7
You're better off getting a Telus/Koodo or unlocked iPhone because getting iPhones unlocked without a carrier is expensive and annoying.