Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to change from my current provider to koodo. How can I do this?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would contact Koodo to initiate a port of your number to Koodo. You'll get a final bill from your current provider and the process would be taken care of for you. It can take a couple days to fully port over. Here is more info: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/moving-your-number-to-koodo-new/how-do-i-move-my-number-to-koodo You would also want to unlock your phone if it isn't already unless you want to get a phone from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Hello!Glad to see that your interested inswitching over to Koodo! Here is the process and some FAQs about transferringto Koodo!

Can I keep my current number?
Yes! During the activation, you will beable to transfer your current number to your new Koodo account. Just make sureyou let the associate know you want to transfer your number.
Do I have to cancel my current account?
Koodo will be able to cancel your currentaccount on your behalf. I always recommend that you call your old provider justto confirm the cancellation did go through and to find out the procedure to payoff your final bill with them. If you want to keep your existing number makesure you do not cancel your old account, or else your number will be lost! Ifyou want a new number, then if you cancel your old account yourself, you won’tloose out on anything.

How do I do the change do Koodo?
1.      Inform yourself!!! I can’tstress this enough. Do you want to keep your existing phone? Do you want a newphone? If you want a new phone make sure you fully understand about the tab.You can check out thislink to see Koodo’s current selection of phones. You can use thislink to check out all the details on the Tab.
2.      Find out what plan works bestfor you! Check out the last 6 bills from your current provider and find outwhat you use. Do you need a lot of data? Or a lot of minutes? Or both? Compareyour usage and overage charges with your current provider and see what plansuits you best at Koodo. It may seem tedious at first, but will work out betterfor you in the long run! You can use thislink to check out the current selection of plans.
3.      Now that you have informedyourself and picked out a plan you want, head on down to your nearest Koodokiosk to begin the activation.
4.      You will need to purchase a SIMcard while at the kiosk. If you want to transfer your number over, make sureyou tell the associate this from the beginning, it’ll save you some time. Theassociate will help you get everything activated and ensure your phone worksproperly.
5.      Congrats and welcome to Koodo,the process is now over!

This is pretty much it for transferringover to Koodo. Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you have!
Mathieu wrote:

Hello!Glad to see that your interested inswitching over to Koodo! Here is the process and some FA...

Question? I am tied to my current contract with my provider , I will be charged for the remainder of my contact .I can't even get a different plan without paying! Could I just sign up with KOODO and ride it out?Thank you in advance
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hello!Glad to see that your interested inswitching over to Koodo! Here is the process and some FA...

Hi Trina,

You can sign up with Koodo, but you will still be responsible for your other contract. If you port your number, then your current provider will charge you the the remainder of your contract.
Mathieu wrote:

Do I have to port my number
Mathieu wrote:

Do I need to port my number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

No, you only have to port your number if you want to keep the same one. If you're okay with a new number than no port it required!
Userlevel 6
You can always get a new number with Koodo. Keep in mind that if you want to port a number to Koodo, you can do it when activating *if* the number area code matches the province of your ID. If not, to port an out of province number to your name, it'd have to be done through self-serve after the fact. To my limited understanding, Koodo blocks out of province number porting at activation time.