Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I seem to have been disconnected from Koodo's service. Why is this?

I seem to have been disconnected from Koodo's service. Why is this? I'm on the prepaid plan with 100MB of data which I am aware I have used and I know I've reached the limit. But my plan also has the 500 minute talk booster and unlimited text, neither of which I can use right now because for some reason or another there is no reception on my phone. Why is this happening? I an't call *611 but I'm also a full-time student and I don't have time to walk into a store right now.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
If calls to *611 can still go through, then your monthly base plan is expired.
You can only use those minutes if your base plan is active.
If even calls to *611 wont go through, then I would recommend powering off the device, removing the sim card and the battery, then reassembling the device and seeing if you pick up the network then.
Keep us posted!
Thanks for your answer Mitchell. My calls to *611 are not going through at all. And my plan is still active. I have to top up on the 22nd October, because I activated my plan on 22 September. I have checked online and they say I still have 309 minutes to use! And that my base plan is active! I have tried powering off my phone and removing the battery and SIM card several times but that doesn't work at all. I guess I'll just have to go into a physical store and ask them to look at my phone and see if there's a problem?
Userlevel 6
Nicole Otieno wrote:

Thanks for your answer Mitchell. My calls to *611 are not going through at all. And my plan is st...

Yes, the next step is to get the phone looked at.
Hope everything works out!
Nicole Otieno wrote:

Thanks for your answer Mitchell. My calls to *611 are not going through at all. And my plan is st...

Thanks Mitchell
This means that your monthly plan is finished, you either get a new plan or can find a diffrent phone that comes with the plan
Userlevel 6
Jehu Lee wrote:

This means that your monthly plan is finished, you either get a new plan or can find a diffrent p...

No, her monthly plan doesn't expire until Oct 22nd.
Userlevel 7
Jehu Lee wrote:

This means that your monthly plan is finished, you either get a new plan or can find a diffrent p...

What does the phone say? Is there service or does it say no service? What phone is this? There may be a setting off.