Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I cant call or send/receive text messages anymore

I cannot make any call (it said "please check the number" but I still can receive calls) or send and receive text messages, can it be because i forgot to pay my bill this last three months? If it is, now that I payed it, in how much time will it work again? And if it's not, why?

17 replies

Userlevel 2
If it says "please check number" it means the number isn't be recognized. Either it's being entered incorrectly or it's not active.
Myke wrote:

If it says "please check number" it means the number isn't be recognized. Either it's being enter...

But it says it even for the numbers that i was used to call before and which are in my contacts
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

If it says "please check number" it means the number isn't be recognized. Either it's being enter...

As long as the numbers are at least 10 digits, it should work. Take the battery and SIM card out of your phone for about a minute, place them back in and power on the phone. try calling again. if you get the same message, find another way to contact these people or person you are tryting to reach to see if you either have the wrong number or they changed thiers.
Myke wrote:

I tried, but it still doesnt work... And im sure that the number im calling is the good one, this person called me an hour ago (and i have been trying to call cabs as well, and I checked if i typed the number correctly)
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Have you tried calling the number from another phone to confirm they can receive calls?
Myke wrote:

yes! The problem is definitively from my phone...
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Is this the only number that you cannot reach from your phone?
Myke wrote:

I cannot call any number... I just can receive calls. And nobody receives my messages (as i dont receive messages from anybody)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could it be that you installed an app that adds some digits before you dial? I had the same problem the other day... tried to call a number here in BC (250) and the app added a 1 in front of it... and I got the same message "the number cannot be completed as dialed". Just a long shot, trying to troubleshoot what might have happened 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Could it be that you installed an app that adds some digits before you dial? I had the same probl...

I dont think that's the problem... because when i call it's still written the same number... And i dont recieve any messages either. But thanks for suggesting 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There were some text message service issues in this morning. ( I had no issue though) You can call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636 #6 for tec service from a landline . The will help you out 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

There were some text message service issues in this morning. ( I had no issue though) You can ca...

I'm having these problems for 4days now... I thought it was temporary, but I really need to solve this problem! And the problem is that i dont have a landline, it was my only phone, that's why i don't know what to do. But ill try to find a way to call them. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

There were some text message service issues in this morning. ( I had no issue though) You can ca...

Do you have any friends, family, co-worker to borrow a phone near you? Or stop by Koodo kiosk to check it out?
Mayumi wrote:

I don't have anybody that can borrow me a phone actually... I guess I will have to go to the nearest Koodo kiosk I find
Userlevel 2
Mayumi wrote:

Are you able to dial *611?
Mayumi wrote:

I didnt know this number, i called and it worked! Apparently, my services were not available because i didnt pay my bill. I am used to pay on my bank online services, and never declare my payments, but as I heard this option (because they asked me to pay at least a certain amount to be able to have my services again) I did it for the payment I did this morning. It's supposed to work again in the next hour. Ill see if it works! Thanks!
it's not your phone. it is Koodo service. call technical service and demand solutions. Same problem with my Nokia, unable to send txt or receive calls., After direct ctc with Customer Service Mgr. and Technical Service all these problems were repaired and no more issues.