Koodo Community

How to send text from PC, email client or webmail to a Koodo cell number.

• 4 January 2014
  • 7 replies

To send a text from an email client, email software, or webmail to a Koodo number don't use 10digs@msg.koodomobile.com . Instead, use 10digs@msg.telus.com . It works great every time. Can be done from your PC. Both use the same network since Telus owns Koodo however, for some reason "@msg.koodomobile.com" no longer works. I have tried 10digs@msg.telus.com to numerous Koodo numbers and everyone receives my text messages.

Timo Tuokkola 1 month ago

I am a Koodo customer ,,, I thought that Koodo has this online texting to anyone in the world,,,

At one point koodo offered the ability to send messages through their website to other koodo customers. It was almost never used and was removed years ago.

What they DO offer is the ability to send text messages through your cellphone to any other cellphone worldwide.

If you're looking to send an email to a cellphone number to be received as a text message, what you're doing is sending an email to that provider's server, to be relayed to their customer as a text message. It really doesn't involve Koodo at all.

View original

7 replies

Thank you,,,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am a Koodo customer ,,, I thought that Koodo has this online texting to anyone in the world,,,

At one point koodo offered the ability to send messages through their website to other koodo customers. It was almost never used and was removed years ago.

What they DO offer is the ability to send text messages through your cellphone to any other cellphone worldwide.

If you're looking to send an email to a cellphone number to be received as a text message, what you're doing is sending an email to that provider's server, to be relayed to their customer as a text message. It really doesn't involve Koodo at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How can I text online to a no-Koodo,,, to another person using email or online??

for example, can I text online to my friend in USA

alex

This forum is Koodo specific. That means we can tell you how a lot of things work with Koodo, not so much for American providers, especially if you don't specify which one.

How can I text online to a no-Koodo,,, to another person using email or online??

for example, can I text online to my friend in USA

alex

Userlevel 6
This is even easier:-) http://koodomobile.com/en/on/sendamessage.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is easier: http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/send_message/