Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how good are Nokia Lumia 635, HTC Desire 320, or Samsung GALAXY CoreTM LTE?

I'm thinking about getting the Nokia Lumia 635 phone with my Tab, does anyone get this phone from Koodo before? How good is this phone? and just in case, how good is HTC Desire 320, or Samsung GALAXY Core™️ LTE?

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Kate! I've sold a few of these phones myself to customers, they don't have any complaints or problems with them. Out of the 3, The best Samsung Core LTE, it has a quad core processor so it trumps the nokia and htc. But it comes down to you as the customer in what your preference is. If you like windows go with the Nokia if you like Google then go with the Core 😃
HippieLongstocking wrote:

Hey Kate! I've sold a few of these phones myself to customers, they don't have any complaints or...

oh, thank you, and just two quick question, what's the max. Gs of memory chip I can inserting into them? and how often will they get stuck?

Hey Kate! I've sold a few of these phones myself to customers, they don't have any complaints or...

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The only thing an entry level Samsung trumps is a previous entry level Samsung.
I mean how fast are these, and how easy to use are they? And can I insert a chip to expend their memory? How are their camras? And how easily will they get stuck? I mean I have an iphone 4, but the fact that I cannot expend it memory just piss me off, and there's few times it get stuck
Userlevel 5
Kate wrote:

I mean how fast are these, and how easy to use are they? And can I insert a chip to expend their ...

They are pretty simple to use, but learning something new will take time. the Core is expendable to 64 and the Nokia is expandable to 128mb and the htc is 64 mb. The Nokia and the Core both have a 1.2 quad core processor and the HTC has a 1.3 quad core processor. But the Core is still faster, (that's me anyways)
Userlevel 5
Kate wrote:

I mean how fast are these, and how easy to use are they? And can I insert a chip to expend their ...

They all have a 5 megapixel camera
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd recommend the Nokia Lumia 635 out of those. If you wish to go with an Android phone, go with a Moto G.
Ivan wrote:

I'd recommend the Nokia Lumia 635 out of those. If you wish to go with an Android phone, go with ...

Thank you, just being curious, why? Is moto G better than sumsung?
Ivan wrote:

I'd recommend the Nokia Lumia 635 out of those. If you wish to go with an Android phone, go with ...

And just saying, other than I cannot expand iphone's memory which piss me off, and the fact that it costs a lot, I actually like my iPhone. If there's anyway to expand my iPhone's memory, I'll totally do it, except for the iCloud, I don't trust iCloud.
Ivan wrote:

And another question, is Nokia 635 that koodo giving out a 512M devise or a 1G devise? Cause according to the Microsoft website, the Nokia 635 have two types of devises.
Ivan wrote:

Sorry I ask too many questions
Kate wrote:

And another question, is Nokia 635 that koodo giving out a 512M devise or a 1G devise? Cause according to the Microsoft website, the Nokia 635 have two types of devises.
Userlevel 6
Kate wrote:

The Microsoft Canada site says this phone has 512 MB. http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/mobile/phone/lumia635/specifications/ I got an unlocked one from the Microsoft Store last weekend (currently on sale for $149) and can confirm it has 512 MB RAM. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Unlocked-Nokia-Lumia-635/productID.306800900 You can add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage, and you can even move some of the included apps to the SD card to free up more main memory. So far I have no complaints. Unlike those other phones, the 635 doesn't have a front-facing camera. I don't miss it since I never used that feature on my previous phone.
Kate wrote:

Thank you! That's all I like to know!
Userlevel 7
You mentioned the camera. The 635 has a decent one for a budget phone but there's no flash, so keep that in mind. The Moto G would be faster/smoother than the Core in my experience so far, but there's no memory card slot so that won't suit your needs. It also doesn't have a removable battery, which is important to some people.
Jonathan I wrote:

You mentioned the camera. The 635 has a decent one for a budget phone but there's no flash, so ke...

Ohhhh, I see, thank you for telling me that!