Koodo Community
Question

how do I speak to a human callbacks keep going to voice mail

How do I get ahold of a real person? I have tried 7 times to schedule a call  back and every time the call just goes straight to voicemail without ringing. Is there a customer service number that i can call that has a human on the other end? I have tried to “escalate it” using the link on the website and it just sends me to the Koodo Assist to schedule a call back that once again goes straight to voicemail. 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@david williamson - can you please do me a favour and check your phone settings to make sure you haven’t blocked our number from getting through? It’ll start with 1-866.

In the meantime, we can try to assist you here. What’s your inquiry about?

How do I check if a number is blocked? 

My inquiry is how to talk to a real person, I do not have twitter or facebook and dont think that i should have to go to social media for customer support. This is unacceptable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, the good news is that we’re all ‘real people’ here, so you’ve come to the right place :)
..but I’m assuming that wasn’t what you were trying to get a hold of a rep for. Did you want to share that reason, so we can try to help you? I see that you did speak with someone earlier today, and had questions about voicemail. Did that get sorted?

With regards to checking what numbers you have blocked, I was able to find this info specific to your LG phone (assuming that’s what you’re using):

To allow incoming calls from a number you previously blocked, follow these steps:

1. Tap Phone.
  2. Tap the Call logs tab.
  3. Tap Menu > Call Settings.
  4. Under 'GENERAL,' tap Call blocking & Decline with message.
  5. Tap Blocked numbers. A list of blocked numbers displays.
  6. Tap the trash can.
  7. Tap to select the number(s) you wish to unblock.
  8. Tap REMOVE.
  9. Tap REMOVE again to confirm.

I do not have any 1-866 numbers blocked, I give up,  going to my local store hopefully they can help me cancel my service.  I’m sure they have a number that a real person answers. I think i will start a complaint with the crtc and ccts, It should be possible to contact customer service without having to jump through hoops. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@david williamson I did find a line matching your email address (phone number ending in 55), but don’t see any callbacks booked for this number. Would you mind sharing what steps you went through to book a call? I’m wondering if perhaps it just didn’t get booked, and you may have thought it did (I have no clue, just trying to piece it together).

Totally get the frustration, but again - we’re humans here and can try to help!

I went through koodo assist scheduled a callback 7 separate times and every time i get a voicemail message within 5 to 10 minuets saying “sorry i didn't get that, to speak to someone press 1” obviously pressing 1 in my voicemail doesn't help me speak to someone. I assume that the message is from koodo since it only happens within 5-10 min of my scheduling a callback. It has been almost 4 hours and I still have not   been able to talk to someone I do not have time to banter back and forth with a stupid automated system, the first and second time I received the voicemail tried to schedule a callback koodo assist told me I already had a call scheduled and it would try 2 more time and if I missed all three   calls i could schedule another one  as I have said I  have rescheduled  7 times and every time get messages in my voicemail. Why is it so hard to speak to someone?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I do not have any 1-866 numbers blocked, I give up,  going to my local store hopefully they can help me cancel my service.  I’m sure they have a number that a real person answers. I think i will start a complaint with the crtc and ccts, It should be possible to contact customer service without having to jump through hoops. 

Port your number to different provider.  Then your Koodo account will be cancelled after porting/transfer is done.

Also what number did you entered to set up call back? Ranjan said couldn't find your number? 

You can make complaint to whoever, but Koodo is offering multiple  way to help customers. Limited your opinions to get help is your choice.

I put my number the only number i have, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself the call back keeps going straight to voicemail I do not have any 866 numbers blocked, and still calls are going to voicemail. If i try to escalate through the website it just sends me back to koodo assist how am I limiting my options?  I have tried repeatedly to schedule callbacks  and they have repeatedly gone to voicemail without my phone ever ringing, I have restarted my phone and scheduled another call back only to have the  same thing   happen (call goes straight to voicemail), please tell me how koodo is offering me multiple was to help me? I just want to talk to someone why is it so difficult to get a phone number that someone will answer?  

I will try once again to schedule a call back maybe this time you can see a schedule call back to the number ending in 55 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried booking on your behalf as well, David - to your home and cell numbers.
I do see the attempts you made earlier now (apologies - I hadn’t refreshed the portal on my end).  So will be curious to see if these do come through.

One other question for you - are you able to receive other calls? From friends family? If the number is not blocked, the only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps poor reception or all calls forwarded to voicemail (but if you do receive calls from others, that would help rule this out). 

Yes I am able to receive calls from other people I have had 4 people call me to make sure. 

I just revived 2 voicemails saying press 1 T speak to someone callbacks are still not getting through

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried calling you David. It rang twice and then went to voicemail.. don’t know if the ‘ring’ came through on your end. If it did, and you just didn’t pick up an unrecognized/unknown number, I can try again. If you it didn’t ring at all.. then I supposed we’ll have to investigate further. 

It did not ring on my end when you called but i did get your voicemail. I went to my local koodo/telus store and they checked to see if my phone was blocking calls and there were no 866 numbers blocked, I did have private numbers blocked the rep at the store called me from the store phone and my phone rang, they told me they did not have a number to contact koodo, so we switched my service to telus,

Userlevel 2

Hello David! Please try to reset the network settings. Please follow the next steps: 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup & reset.
  2. Tap Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Tap Reset Settings

Let me know when you are done so that I can schedule again a callback at koodo.com/chat for you and see if it’s working. Thank you.