Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Got a call from Koodo 1-866-995-6636 , WHY support ask $5

my plan is Prepaid Koodo Windows phone

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly did they say when you got the call?
Allan wrote:

Allan, no , I got the call, i was busy so I did not answer the call, when I checked my phone and verified the number it was from Koodo, then I called the number 1-866-995-6636 and in options if you request customer service you have to pay $5. , so now I'm asking why did they call and why should I have to pay for support if they were the ones who called me, besides the call came in at 18:35 arent't their offices closed?
Allan wrote:

Thank you Allan, Dennis , and Paul for your assistance,  it's a mystery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

No, they would still be open at 6:35pm. Hours of operation (local time): Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Hi Linda,

I wouldnt worry about it.  And if you did reach customer service, there would be no charge since you are not asking Koodo to do something you could have done yourself on Self Serve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

That's already been covered yesterday Dennis
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

LOL.... I was distracted by the French response.  I didnt even notice there was more posted after that too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Someone randomly called and asked you for $5?
Sounds like a scam to me... but usually they ask for more than $5.  Never give out any personal info when "they" call you claiming to be from "where ever"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you mean that when you called you were prompted to have to pay to talk to someone then that's not the case, you only have to pay for customer service to do things on your account that you can do on your own through self serve online such as changing your plan..... you don't pay just to talk to someone.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you mean that when you called you were prompted to have to pay to talk to someone then that's ...

Paul, de toute facon , ces eux autres qu'il mon appeler!
Dennis , no they did not ask for $5. I had to call customer service to find out what the call was about and the options says I would have to pay $5. for help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Linda Allan wrote:

Dennis , no they did not ask for $5. I had to call customer service to find out what the call was...

Yeah you won't have to pay the $5 it's just for what I mentioned above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Linda Allan wrote:

Dennis , no they did not ask for $5. I had to call customer service to find out what the call was...

My practice is that if it was not sufficiently important for the caller to leave a message, it's not sufficiently important for me to return a call.
Userlevel 7
I'm thinking perhaps a rep called to try to offer you a deal to change to post-paid