Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cant send pictures to Iphones

Userlevel 1
When sending picture messages, I get the message "Can't send message" Seems to be with only certain people with Iphones. But not everyone that has Iphones. They can receive pictures fine from others. Using a Windows phone, Nokia Lumia 520

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Make sure those people with iPhones have MMS turned on. Settings>Messages>enable mms
Userlevel 1
I will ask them to try that. Weird I would get an error, wouldn't they just not get the picture
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No Way wrote:

I will ask them to try that. Weird I would get an error, wouldn't they just not get the picture

That's to let you know that the message didn't go through. Some people want to know if their picture message fails to send. Otherwise, you could spend a lot of time sending pictures for nothing.
No Way wrote:

Could be because you need Wi-Fi to send an image. I've seen lots of people have that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No Way wrote:

Golden Apple, please don't revive ancient discussions.
Userlevel 1
Makes sense. Anyway got my one friend to try and he can now send and receive from me. It used to work, but he also had a bunch of Alberta Telemarkter number blocked, so maybe it threw Koodo in the mix. He removed all those numbers and now can send and receive from me
Userlevel 1
Ok, this is getting worse and worse. On Saturday out of 10 people I texted, all were sent back except one. And these are all people that I can send to before. Seems to be very random I didnt ask if they all had Iphones, but Im thinking if they can receive and send pictures from others, why not Koodo Shouldnt be that I hav eto contact every person in my phone to ask if they have Iphones and if they do, change this setting. Anyone else having this issue?
Userlevel 1
Now its going from not being able to send to being able to send to the same person
Userlevel 5
Have you tried calling into Koodo tech support? Also it's not up to the carriers to tell people to enable data or MMS to receive pictures from their friends.
Userlevel 1
Its been on my list. But yet these friends can receive pictures fine from others.
Userlevel 5
No Way wrote:

Its been on my list. But yet these friends can receive pictures fine from others.

Yeah so it's not in their settings for sure. A call to tech support will probably clear it up.
No Way wrote:

I had a similar problem that seem to be corrected when I changed a setting in Data Sense called 'Browser data savings' to the off position.