Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cancelling Koodo Account

I have gotten another phone with an different Provider and I have been trying to Cancel My Koodo Phone. It is unlocked so I should be able to cancel anytime. However I have found no way to do so. Is there anyway besides going to a Koodo Teller? Thanks,

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do NOT go to Koodo. Let your new provider handle it. Otherwise, you will lose your number.

Not a rap against Koodo... it's the standard industry practice.

Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Do NOT go to Koodo. Let your new provider handle it. Otherwise, you will lose your number.

Not a...

That is as long as the OP wants to keep their number. If there are no intentions of keeping the same number, then calling Koodo to cancel yourself isn't a bad idea! I always recommend calling Koodo a few days later either way to make sure everything that I expected occured.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

Ok so I should Call them? I don't plan on switching my number so
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

You need to call Koodo in that case. Cancellations are handled over the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

Or now apparently by sending a private message over Facebook, probably due to phone lines being hyper-busy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

That's a thing now for cancellations ? Did I miss the thread it was announced in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

Saw it today. Will look it up later and post back.

Looks like all the cell providers had a banner quarter with new subscribers so the phone lines have been swamped. May explain why aseveral Koodo reps have b een very active and helopful on this board recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not a...

Here ya go, from the French side:

https://communaute.koodomobile.com/koodofr/topics/cancel-the-service

If this BBS system had a provision for secure private communications to the home office, I suspect that a lot more transactions could be settled online.

Regards.
Your phone being unlocked is not a factor ... what you want is to cancel your account/plan with koodo.  If you want to keep your existing phone number, you have to have it ported from koodo to your new provider.  The easiest way is to have your new provider do this for you when they set up your new account, there is no cost to do this.