• 26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
(empty)

26 replies

Userlevel 6
Great post, Ivan! Thank you! You truly deserve the Mobile Master title 🙂
Userlevel 3
If you don't want to use the QR code, the link below for the Web market place will take you to the store page if used from your device http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d
It says this program only works for unlocked phones?
Userlevel 3
It says this program only works for unlocked phones?with sim locked phone the APN info should already be preloaded for the device so there would be no need for the app
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It says this program only works for unlocked phones?Though, I suppose you can still use it with locked phones to revert back to correct settings should your APN settings become incorrect for whatever reason. But I did post this guide for non-Koodo Lumias which would imply that they have to be unlocked to work on Koodo anyway.
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Koodo 520's (bought from Koodo). It seems that after a period of time the data connection "hangs" thus only SMS can get through. Picture messaging is restored by turning data on and off. I downloaded this app to check out the settings and both of my 520's running Amber show me three options: 1) TELUS (active) 2) Koodo (inactive) 3) PC mobile (inactive) I know we use the Telus network but I thought the Koodo option would have been best. Any thoughts here? EDIT: Changing settings back to Koodo to see if my issues go away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...I have Koodo as my active one, no issues.
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...Should be set to Koodo. Telus selection will let data and Cell services work but not let MMS work
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...Thanks Ivan for the great post. I wouldn't have found out about this tool if it wasn't for this! 🙂 What's interesting is that both of my Koodo bought 520's had Telus settings. I'm beginning to wonder if the Amber update forced this back to Telus. Seems to be good so far. Will keep an eye over couple of days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...Hehe, I'm glad that my unholy love for Windows Phone can be of use to someone.
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...LOL. Windows Phone is awesome and the 520 is the best value around! Honestly, that system app should be standard install Can't wait for BLACK (GDR3) 🙂
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...Using GDR3 currently not many updates in there are worth much, just the tap to close on multitask and user created tones for SMS, rotation lock as well but I never use it anyways. Can't wait for Black so I can get some notification on the glance screen and maybe another row of tiles
Userlevel 3
Great find Ivan and thanks for posting. I'm running into picture messaging issues on my two Ko...You are obviously not using a 520 if you are talking about the glance screen.. 🙂 It's nice to see there are a few WP8 stragglers in these parts!
Userlevel 3
Looks like Access Point just got an update...
Userlevel 3
Looks like Access Point just got an update...just as a warning there have been updates in the past that have broken the app to an extent. So update at your own risk, though worst case scenario you'd just lose MMS till it has been fixed
Userlevel 3
Is there a spot on the Koodo website where they could catalogue APN settings for different phones? That way if a customer brought their unlocked phone to Koodo it would be easier to set up. Maybe have a list and then point to the appropriate forum page. I've just noticed there are a few APN threads and people seem to really appreciate them when they have that phone, so it would be nice to have more organized access to them.
Userlevel 2
Ivan, check this out (Offline SIM APN Database) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SIMAPNCheck I tried it yesterday. It brings the SIM APN settings that are stored on the sim card. So here is another option for Droids.
a VERY LARGE thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
a VERY LARGE thank youYou're welcome! Glad to help.
a VERY LARGE thank youI am trying to set up my phone and have made sure that its set to 3G etc. Its connected to my wifi but will not allow me to access the internet through bing or IE? Have run out of ideas, please help
a VERY LARGE thank youLumia 520...sorry! It has a H in the top left corner of the screen?
Worked like a charm. Thanks!
Just a heads up from personal experience. Whenever MSFT or Nokia releases an update, it can sometimes play foul with the Access Point settings. Sometimes you'll notice after an update Internet Sharing doesn't work, even after a reset. If you go into Access Point, select another access point (eg Telus), then reselect Koodo, after a reset it should be good to go. I always find that Internet Sharing doesn't seem to work after updates on my Lumia 920 unless I do this 'process' - in the event someone else thinks an update broke their settings! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just a heads up from personal experience. Whenever MSFT or Nokia releases an update, it can some...Haven't experienced this personally, but thanks for the heads up for anyone else that may have an issue. As a matter of fact, I never even have to re-install access point anymore because it's a part of my WP8 backup. It's there after every restore.
Just a heads up from personal experience. Whenever MSFT or Nokia releases an update, it can some...An update to WP OS 10-14 days ago disabled Internet Sharing on my Lumia 920. Previously I used Access Point jiggery-pokery to enable it, but this time the "select another then reselect the one you want" isn't working for me. Does anyone with WinPhone have working MMS APN setting for Telus (BC?)